Jump to content

jestermgee

Member
  • Posts

    13
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by jestermgee

  1. Yeah this ticket can be closed, I cannot find "cargoshiptest" in the prefab list which is the issue. I will have to dig on it as I can find all other assets of the cargo just not that model for some reason, just doesn't appear to be listed but that's another issue.
  2. Thanks for the info. I figured Cargo was a little more complex than standard monuments due to the fact there are 2 variants so the top deck can differ and it's a moving monument. Not up to speed using RustEdit or how to add local spawn points so will have to dig into that a bit. The extra template you provided is probably enough for me to make something work for the moment, quick test adding an extra heavy NPC and they appear in decent locations so I think I will use the default NPCs as normal with some extra roaming ones from the template mixed with these heavy stationary gunners just to make it a bit more of a challenge. Gives me something to work with at least.
  3. I will add that I have upgraded the NPCs to Heavy Scientists with a minigun and that does add some challenge but really would like to find out how to get a spawn point on the rear of the ship and more in the hold since many will bypass the deck and just hit the hold where there are just 2 lazy scientists
  4. jestermgee

    Cargo Ship Improvements?

    So I have things working and the Cargo Ship I hoped would be more difficult now but find it's probably easier as it stands. The stationary NPC replacements no longer shoot at a sniper from harbor even if I increase their listen range. Also, I find often no spawns of NPCs in the cargo hold areas. Workaround currently is to disable the stationary spawns and allow the default NPCs to also spawn so there are just more roaming ones but this is not difficult still, just requires a lot of ammo. I would like to generate a few new spawn points on the ship notably one at the rear where people will usually fly a mini to land. I'd also like to add some in the bottom area of the cargo hold. I cannot figure out how to generate a new spawn coordinate local to the current monument. I have tried to generate a spawn in a test file using /SpawnPointPos Test and this creates a custom file with a spawn location however this location appears to be a global position and not local to the current monument/event I am standing in. Is there a way to set additional spawn locations for cargo or suggestions to make it more challenging?
  5. Thanks, yes I found this. I find for my tastes and the few friends on my server most of the aimcones are far too accurate resulting in death too quickly so tuning those down a bit.
  6. Ok, I think I ahve managed to find the answers here but maybe if I can just have it confirmed (tho some tests will likely confirm this for me) The control of how each NPC will 'despawn' is set in the NPC profile it looks like: "IsRemoveCorpse": true, It also appears that NPCs do trigger group attacks using these variables: "GroupAlertEnabled": true, "GroupAlertRadius": 50.0, "GroupAlertReceivers": "", So I guess there will be a lot of configuration needed to mkae things a little more realistic
  7. I just wanted to confirm if there is a way to not have the NPC instantly turn into a loot bag when killed? I'd like the usual behavior of a body which eventually turns to a loot bag since bodies are easier to see from a distance Also, I have switched from RESpawn and while it was not the most configurable plugin it did offer a somewhat better NPC experience around monuments mostly because attacking an NPC would alert others close by and they would begin to push and in some cases, flank around. I find many NPCs just run back and forth on a line until you get close to them then by default they shoot with too much accuracy which I will have to tune
  8. So I just want to add to this. I noted the same before the latest update and have now installed the latest update and NPCs now spawn in a base however there appears to be an issue now with the correct number spawning outside IF any are set to spawn inside. Example: On extreme bases I ahve a total of 12 scientists and 10 murderers set to spawn and if I do not set any to spawn inside, they all appear roming around outside. If I set to spawn just on floors or rugs for instance and limit inside to only 4 scientists that should leave 8 that should appear outside however I see none outside and only murderers
  9. jestermgee

    Convoy

    Looks interesting but cost wise in USD it's just too much for a small personal server to justify the cost just for an event plugin. Wish some of these plugins were a little more realistic in cost.
  10. Cheers for the reply. Yeah I was a little confused as to what comes in each of the tiers and I have some friends who love building so the idea was each wipe we play I can snapshot their base, set the container layouts and then use it as a "real world" style of raid base for the next time which I like the idea of so sounds like maybe Tier 1 would be a good starter. Might set about investing in this.
  11. I am setting up a private server at the moment for testing, likely will just be a small server for friends and trusted players running off my own server. I have played on a server for years that used this plugin and it was a nice option to offer some raidable loot but I always found the tiers a little too "fake" such as Easy is almost always 'too easy' wood, medium is always a small stone base and hard upwards on a populated server is almost never bothered with as the cost to raid usually is less than the rewards.. Also the raid bases are almost never based on an actual design you would ever encounter. I have been happy in how it all works, can make my own raidable designs and can setup the loot tables tho would love more pre-set tables to save time, I likely would just make my own raidable bases. I live in Australia so the cost is about 40% higher making it a costly investment for the purpose and was disappointed to find the "bundle" option for Tier 3 + Plugin is $70 now $70 (so no discount) which in AUD is about $98. Is there any better pricing available or maybe the option somehow to purchase just the plugin requirement and loot / config files but not the bases or something? Thinking at this point I may just get the plugin or make do with the free version but I literally only want the ability to have maybe 2 or 3 raidable levels (with different loot sets) and the ability to set a "possibility" as the current setting in the loot for the free version appears to not work. Thinking the way I may make loot levels in the free version is just to add fixed loot crates along with the loot table spawns.

About Us

Codefling is the largest marketplace for plugins, maps, tools, and more, making it easy for customers to discover new content and for creators to monetize their work.

Downloads
3.1m
Total downloads
Customers
12.2k
Customers served
Files Sold
172.2k
Total sales
Payments
3.7m
Processed total
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.