- 3 MB
About Discord Pop Bot+
This is a script capable of controlling multiple bots from one program and with a single config file without ever connecting to your server over RCON.
You may need Administrator privileges on the system to setup & run this script depending on your server's setup.
- Run multiple bots from the one script
Change your config using the included "Config Editor & Generator" - no JSON knowledge needed!
- Returning 2022!
- Lowest possible performance impact* - there are no new RCON connections ever made to your server.
- Show players, max players, queued players, AND joining players!
- Special variables that are replaced in your strings, allowing you to have any variable in any part of your pop bot's message.
- Global pop bots - add up the total players across your servers and show it on a dedicated bot!
- Detailed logging - always know what went on whilst you were gone.
- NEW: Multi-game support. Read More
- NEW: Full cross-bot compatibility! CSGO & Rust servers? No problem!
- NEW: Conditionals system to give you ultimate control over your server statuses!
* Assuming that the servers are run on a machine separate to the bot.
How does it work?
This script works by querying the BattleMetrics API - even if you don't have a purchased RCON subscription! If you do, you'll be able to display the amount of players joining.
Installation, Configuration, and Support
During the creation of your pop bots, you may be asked what "Update Interval" you would like. If you are running more than 4 bots, it is recommended you increase your update interval appropriately so that you do not spam Discord's API - a quick way to get your server banned that a lot of Discord-related Rust scripts do not account for. Additionally, Discord will attempt to kill the connection a few times before banning you, which could result in crashes! Not to worry though, this script has been built to be as reliable as possible and will automatically restart itself if you follow the steps under "Running the Script".
The threshold feature has been replaced with the new conditionals system.
If you would like to show the amount of players joining, it is absolutely necessary that you have a BattleMetrics RCON subscription purchased. You will be asked by the config generator if you would to create a Pop Bot with BM Token or Pop Bot without a BM Token - if you wish to display the players currently joining your server, choose the former. If you do not wish to show this or do not have a BM subscription, use the latter.
Obtaining a Discord Bot Token
First, head over to https://discord.com/developers/applications and create yourself an application. It'll most likely need your server logo, the name of the server, and any other information you wish for people to see appear.
Once that's done, select the "Bots" tab and press create a bot. You'll be presented with "Click to reveal a token" and a button that reads "Copy". You can just press Copy and it's on your clipboard ready to insert into your config file.
Obtaining a BattleMetrics API Token
If you have purchased a BM RCON subscription, this is for you.
Head over to https://www.battlemetrics.com/developers. You want to select "New Token".
Fill in the identifier with something such as "Pop Bots" and ensure it has the "Execute any RCON command" permission. The rest aren't used at all, so whether or not you grant them or not are completely your choice.
You'll have only one chance to copy this token somewhere safe (such as the config.json file), so make sure you do. Luckily for you, this one token will work with all of your pop bots, so don't worry about generating a new one for each bot (unless you really want to keep things nice and tidy).