UMOD sillyness

razorfishsl

12 hours ago, razorfishsl said:

UMOD is blocking  any referrer links from this domain.

so any links to their sites are blocked , if they come via this site...  which seems like a very childish thing to do.

That is not something new, they did the same thing when it was oximod.org and they make no pretense about it. Wulf has frequently stated this policy. If you want to use any site you have to understand and follow whatever the rules are that are in place whether you like them or no.

• Like 1

• Administrator

Agreed, it's their respectful right to decline links to 3rd parties. I would hope everyone would respect that to not to draw any unwanted attention or criticism. For us, however, we have no problem with users linking to resources to similar-liking websites.

• Like 3

I bow before no man,  I understand your hopes but ,that would infringe my first amendment rights, i'm free to make any remarks criticisms I see fit...

unless  there is something specifically in your T&C that curtails my first amendment rights...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/22/2020 at 5:21 PM, razorfishsl said:

I bow before no man,  I understand your hopes but ,that would infringe my first amendment rights, i'm free to make any remarks criticisms I see fit...

unless  there is something specifically in your T&C that curtails my first amendment rights...

That would be practicle if the site was in America but as far as i know it is not, You do not have first amendment rights in any other country that is not governed by America in fact first Amendment rights does not give you the right to breach or ignore implied contractural agreements which you should agree to or read under any sites Terms of Use, Regardless you think its ok to post what they dont want , they have the right to remove it and anyone who does it.

Have a Happy New Year

• 3 months later...

Btw why you would need to post links for other websites? If you need help with plugin from here you will ask in here of course. If you need to link plugin or mention it you can just type plugin name. If someone ask for plugin that do this and this and you know there's one in here that does exactly the same, you can DM the user for his discord and send him the plugin on discord. Yeah...

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/17/2021 at 8:08 PM, Flammable said:

Btw why you would need to post links for other websites? If you need help with plugin from here you will ask in here of course. If you need to link plugin or mention it you can just type plugin name. If someone ask for plugin that do this and this and you know there's one in here that does exactly the same, you can DM the user for his discord and send him the plugin on discord. Yeah...

I had a few situations where I was having conflicts between plugins or I was asking an author to build support for another plugin on a different site.

I had to speak in coded language to explain what I was talking about.

A good example is the difference between Clans and Clans Reborn. Saying Clans would be confusing, but I wasn't able to reference Clans Reborn. Umod doesn't really like you to mention plugins from other sites either - not just linking.

On 5/15/2021 at 12:22 PM, Bumfuzzler said:

I had a few situations where I was having conflicts between plugins or I was asking an author to build support for another plugin on a different site.

I had to speak in coded language to explain what I was talking about.

A good example is the difference between Clans and Clans Reborn. Saying Clans would be confusing, but I wasn't able to reference Clans Reborn. Umod doesn't really like you to mention plugins from other sites either - not just linking.

To avoid that situation you would pm the author and therefore not upset anyone, I have referenced Botspawn and permissions manager and have not received any comment from Umod team.

The point is that they state what the rules are and that is that, if you go into a club where the rules are "no hats, caps or team colours" they will remove you if you dont obey,   thats life

17 minutes ago, pookins said:

To avoid that situation you would pm the author and therefore not upset anyone, I have referenced Botspawn and permissions manager and have not received any comment from Umod team.

The point is that they state what the rules are and that is that, if you go into a club where the rules are "no hats, caps or team colours" they will remove you if you dont obey,   thats life

Honestly that's not what PMs are used for IMO. Posting something like that out in the open is important so that demand can be properly understood. Many times people won't request something unless others do first. 

What's interesting is posting links in PMs at Umod is also not allowed, but you can do w w w . c o d e f l i n g . c o m lol

• 4 months later...
On 5/18/2021 at 3:31 AM, pookins said:

url is banned in PMS so that counts that out

I said i "referenced them" i did not say i gave an URL , its the difference between pointing them in the right direction and pushing them through the door,  I must have read a few hundred posts (so far) from people who could have found out the information (as I did) they wanted  just by using their intelligence instead of staring blankly at the screen and asking for someone else to find it for them,

If Razorfishsl has a complaint regarding the way Umod runs its site he/she should complain to them, not go offsite and cry about it, They have their rules , this site has its rules , we dont pay to go on either site and they are under no obligation to change the way they do business,

I must say this topic has lost any appeal (that it might  originaly have had) or any interest for me to make any further comment, have fun with it

the issue is - us as the end user have not fell out with anyone,yet we are the ones who are being punished because we cannot share information from one site to another.

Example :

User A on UMOD is looking for a plugin on UMOD - its not available on that site so we try to tell them where it is available from and we cant because of all the politics going on behind the scenes.