How can we suck less?

Death

Better search results

Example, search "admin menu" why is admin menu the 4th result? Search "better tc" the plugin doesn't come up because I put a space. 

• Like 1

Blacklisting certain users from buying our products would be great

Being able to mass contact customers per product maybe for feedback or reviews since majority of people buy but don't review unless they're used to reviewing or they just forget or are not bothered to unless product sucks or they lack knowledge on using it fully.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Death said:

@Chill Roleplay To clarify, should notifications intended for creators be in a different color? For example, when someone purchases your file or does anything on your file that would trigger a notification,

Yes just so it stands out more, I know I would like it myself and I think creators would be able to see important discussions or support tickets more easily on big update days like this month. I have 40+ notifications so I imagine someone like Imthenewguy prob has 200+ notifications when he logs in. This way we could easily spot the most important things.

This will also help customers by having a higher chance of being noticed by the creator and not lost in a pile of notifications.

• Like 2

Allow reviews on plugins without a conversation process between the Developer and a Codefling Moderator, What's the point of a review if you aren't allowed to make it negative. Might as well just remove the star ratings at that point.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Huzz said:

Allow reviews on plugins without a conversation process between the Developer and a Codefling Moderator, What's the point of a review if you aren't allowed to make it negative. Might as well just remove the star ratings at that point.

I've wrote several negative reviews. None were hidden at all.

The only reason a review is hidden is if it contains information not relevant, or you haven't taken the steps needed to fix the problem.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@ChristopherSProb because everything you say is well thought out.

I have for the 2-3 1 start reviews I left,  Each time I was contacted and 100% heard on what my issue was. Creators were given 2 weeks each to fix issues once they were verified by staff. In 1 case the creator fixed it and the review was not posted and in the other 2 the review was eventually approved.   I like the process of verification of possible troll reviews and bad reviews as they really could hurt a creator if the creators not given a chance to resolve them.

Oh also 1 time I was told my review was to basic and it got denied lol.  I think I just put like.  Awsome Plugin, Super fun - Players love it!

Makes sense to monitor reviews to me. 🙂

Edited by Chill Roleplay
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ChristopherS said:

I've wrote several negative reviews. None were hidden at all.

The only reason a review is hidden is if it contains information not relevant, or you haven't taken the steps needed to fix the problem.

Glad to hear your experience has been better then mine.

Comments should be in reverse chronological order so the newest ones are shown first. It's silly having to scroll to the bottom and click the >> link to see the latest comment.

Or maybe have some other way of easily accessing the newest posts? They are annoying to access if it's a lengthy thread.

Edited by JimDeadlock
  • Like 4
  • Love 3

Add a light mode to the site. There used to be an option for that and then one day it was gone. My reason is I'm a long time depressive and it causes me problems if I spend too much time staring at mostly black screens, so I tend to avoid the site until there's an update. (Plus I guess black used to look cool on forums about 20 years ago, but now it just looks old fashioned.)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JimDeadlock said:

Comments should be in reverse chronological order so the newest ones are shown first. It's silly having to scroll to the bottom and click the >> link to see the latest comment.

Or maybe have some other way of easily accessing the newest posts? They are annoying to access if it's a lengthy thread.

You don't need to scroll down, there's the page selector right at the top of the page:
image.png.2cabd22ca933fa8ac24ac53aa01ac185.png

26 minutes ago, JimDeadlock said:

Yeah I think this page will allow you to turn that on.

https://codefling.com/settings/links/

• Like 2

There is two things i would like to see implemented on the site.

First is a price low to high filter for paid plugins.  I know there is free and paid but sometimes you only have a little bit of money left to buy plugins with and going to paid there is all differnet prices I would like to filter it low to high so I wouldnt have to go threw all paid plugins.

Secondly a better search algorithm.  For instance the other day I was looking for a drug plugin and searched drug and so many different things showed up that was not even relevant.  Also tried searching shop the other day and couldnt get shop plugins up just a bunch of maps and other stuff.

Thank you for doing this and listening to us and taking our suggestions.  Thank you to the whole codefling staff for all the work yall put into this. ❤️

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, PPlank said:

Add a light mode to the site. There used to be an option for that and then one day it was gone. My reason is I'm a long time depressive and it causes me problems if I spend too much time staring at mostly black screens, so I tend to avoid the site until there's an update. (Plus I guess black used to look cool on forums about 20 years ago, but now it just looks old fashioned.)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Do you see the light bulb to the right of the navigation bar? Click that for me 😄

• Haha 2

Also one more thing i would like to see.  I know it is already here somewhere but i have never found it so maybe make easier lol.  When people buy stuff for you it just goes into your purchases.  I have not been able to find bought stuff from other people so i just dont use it lol.

2 hours ago, Disguise said:

I suggest the followings:

1. More markdown options (colored text, expandable file viewer, buttons[?])
  2. Groups: where people can share their works for a bigger project, vote on works to be implemented, track their own progress and roadmap
  3. Option to trade products: two members could trade their products from their uploads safely, scam-free
  4. Place a note on your own profile page (like on your products) to notify visitors.

Could you elaborate on #3? I don't fully understand what you mean.

7 minutes ago, ViolationHandler.exe said:

Could you elaborate on #3? I don't fully understand what you mean.

From the sounds of it, it looks like they're suggesting the possibility for me to trade a licence to you.

I guess it'd be something like:
- I don't like/use a plugin that I bought,
- I sell/give the licence to you.

Unfortunately, there's too many people in my opinion who'd take advantage of this. Pirating would go through the roof.

EDIT: Besides, don't licences state somewhere that you agree they're non-transferrable? Or at least the terms of use here on CF?

Edited by ChristopherS
  • Like 1

Well, since this applies to both customers and creators, here's my list:

Change:

• If you've changed your name ever on CF, when you view your own profile through the drop down in the top right it will always default to the old name of your profile.
  • When you upload a plugin for the first time and want to put a dependency or something it works with, you can only put 1.
    • Furthermore when trying to put it on sale, it will remove the sale as soon as you submit it and will need to re-add the sale.
  • Coupons are unique and cannot have more than 1 of them.
    • Ex: If person A has cupon poggers, person B cannot have a coupon with that name.
  • When you add photos/gifs to a plugins thumbnails it auto puts them in the second slot 90% of the time, however with gifs its a little bit different and does some slightly different behavior.
  • As mentioned by others, search improvements. When searching make the first result be the combined text of the search if theres a plugin that directly matches, if possible.
  • Strikethrough in text is improperly applied when the font size is not default size and then scaled up. Meaning if you apply strikethrough to a text thats 30 font, it will be applying it as if the strikethrough was being applied to a default font size text.
  • Creators can review their own product. (though since the reviews are reviewed this isn't a massive deal yet).
  • When a customer buys your products and has more than 1 product in their cart, you get a notification for 1 product but they have purchased more than 1. You have to check the Provider Dashboard to find out what they bought.
  • Fix review star calculation, it still calculates percentages with hidden/non-accepted reviews resulting in percentages being more than 100% when added together, and in some cases up to 200%.
  • Remove the messages that imply the automatic renewing of feature files will take place but won't actually take place.
    • Furthermore, add a toggle button to select to renew when purchasing.
  • Fix dependencies (whether required or not) disappearing from your plugin description. I've had to fix it twice within the span of 3 fucking days...

Add:

• An option in the support section that is 'Suggestion' that way we can properly mark suggestions.
  • Support for scheduled plugin updates.
    • Ex: Wipe is coming and you have the fixes already prepared for force-wipe, but you don't want to update and have half of your customers update and complain it doesn't work.
    • You can upload your update, and schedule a time for it to "release" to the public, that way you don't have to worry about being there exactly when wipe happens.
  • Allow non-curators to edit their messages they add to their plugins.
    • image.png.0cd38080c108ca4a56ccd074f3ce6767.png
    • image.png.1426e6ddafc9d44605f14fa5f8a76c9c.png
  • Explicitly state in the purchases of a product that a file was GIFTED as opposed to actually purchased by a person. Meaning, when you're viewing who has purchased your product it states if it was a gifted copy (from the author).
  • Add the functionality to react to DM messages like how you can react to files and messages on forum posts.
  • Add functionality to show when a person who has your product wishlisted then purchases the file vs someone just regularly purchasing it.
  • Add ability to review Creators instead of just their files. This would be a review of them as a whole and would include their Support, plugin maintenance, etc.

• Curator Only:
    • Add a visual to the pending files that shows a file is under review, preventing the need to click into it to find out. If possible, have it be a different color when its YOU reviewing the file vs another user.

If any of these have been fixed already, please let me know and I will strikethrough it.

Edit: Will edit to add more ideas when they pop up.

Edited by ViolationHandler.exe
Added dependency bug.
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, ChristopherS said:

From the sounds of it, it looks like they're suggesting the possibility for me to trade a licence to you.

I guess it'd be something like:
- I don't like/use a plugin that I bought,
- I sell/give the licence to you.

Unfortunately, there's too many people in my opinion who'd take advantage of this. Pirating would go through the roof.

EDIT: Besides, don't licences state somewhere that you agree they're none transferrable? 

Yeaaa, don't know how I feel about that one lol, lemme go buy a plugin rq and then go trade it with someone else's plugin until I get all of the plugins on CF 😆

• Love 1

1 minute ago, ViolationHandler.exe said:

Yeaaa, don't know how I feel about that one lol, lemme go buy a plugin rq and then go trade it with someone else's plugin until I get all of the plugins on CF 😆

Exactly. You would still have the .cs file on your computer, Codefling can't take that from your storage. All it would mean is that you'd have an outdated version of the plugin that you traded, while adding to the collection.

Trading licences is a very bad idea in my opinion.

A small prompt when someone opens a support ticket, telling them to provide something of substance besides "Don't Work", It could save hours of back and forth in different time zones. 

They could be notified that providing a video, a log, a little extra detail or a config can help speed up the ticket process.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

3 minutes ago, Wrecks said:

A small prompt when someone opens a support ticket, telling them to provide something of substance besides "Don't Work", It could save hours of back and forth in different time zones. 

They could be notified that providing a video, a log, a little extra detail or a config can help speed up the ticket process.

A common sense prompt. I love it!

2 hours ago, ViolationHandler.exe said:

You can basically do all of that, just kinda not easily lol

There shouldn't be a technical barrier to creating a plugin page.

• Like 2