About RustHandler (Linux)
Here is RustHandler, a script allowing the automatic management of Rust. (Linux Debian based distros : Debian, Ubuntu Desktop & Server (64 bit))
With RustHandler, you can:
- -Wipe your server in one command, the script will ask you for the seed of the next map, the date of the next wipe, will enter the dates of the wipe you have just done and the one to come in the server description. It will also display the date of the wipe you just did automatically in the title.
Are you tired of panicking every time you wipe?
-You can change the description and server parameters before wipe in RustHandler.sh, line 657 to 700, just don't touch the variables, they change the dates automatically. RustHandler.sh therefore, during your next wipe will only ask you for the seed of the desired map and boom! Server wiped! Run the script again, if it is in Auto_Update mode, it will simply update and run with your selected settings.
- -NEW: Functionality for full wipe, or wipe while keeping your BP! Just toggle fullwipe or savebp.
- -You can change, before launching the "wipe" command, the convars (launch commands), and therefore, change the parameters of your server before the next wipe! For example, if in a week, you want your server to go from 4 to 5 players, modify the appropriate line in RustHandler (notepad++, VSCode).
Just edit RustHandler.sh before launching. Line 657 to 700 to edit your convars.
During your next wipe, the server.cfg will modify itself.
You can also prepare the server description of your next wipe beforehand, very useful!
server.maxplayers 200 server.hostname "[FR] RUSTinPEACE ! - [DEV] - Wipe '$LastWipe'" server.worldsize 4500 server.globalchat 1 server.secure 1 decay.scale 1 maxteamsize 4 server.saveinterval 600
you have about 40 of the most useful convars. You can add/remove as many as you want.
- -Disable some plugins at startup, once your wipe is done. And even automatically delete some Data.json files, before restarting the server. Like for example, deleting data from Kits, to start clean during your Wipe. And you can leave these settings in place, the deactivation of plugin and deletion of Data files will only be done when you enter the command "wipe".
# Delete monthly data files. rm -rf $HOME/server/oxide/data/ImageLibrary &> /dev/null #rm -rf $HOME/server/oxide/data/Jail > /dev/null #rm -rf $HOME/server/oxide/data/SpawnsDatabase > /dev/null #rm -rf $HOME/server/oxide/data/ZoneManager > /dev/null rm $HOME/server/oxide/data/Kits_Data.json &> /dev/null rm $HOME/server/oxide/data/Godmode.json &> /dev/null rm $HOME/server/oxide/data/AdminRadar.json &> /dev/null rm $HOME/server/oxide/data/PlayerRanks.json &> /dev/null rm $HOME/server/oxide/data/NTeleportationAdmin.json &> /dev/null rm $HOME/server/oxide/data/SpawnsDatabase/prison2021.json &> /dev/null # Disables plugins that need modification on the new version, or on the new map procgen. mv $HOME/server/oxide/plugins/ZoneManager.cs $HOME/server/oxide/plugins/ZoneManager.cs.off &> /dev/null mv $HOME/server/oxide/plugins/MarkerManager.cs $HOME/server/oxide/plugins/MarkerManager.cs.off &> /dev/null mv $HOME/server/oxide/plugins/Jail.cs $HOME/server/oxide/plugins/Jail.cs.off &> /dev/null mv $HOME/server/oxide/plugins/HumanNPC.cs $HOME/server/oxide/plugins/HumanNPC.cs.off &> /dev/null #mv $HOME/server/oxide/plugins/LustyMap.cs $HOME/server/oxide/plugins/LustyMap.cs.off &> /dev/null #mv $HOME/server/oxide/plugins/ZoneManager.cs $HOME/server/oxide/plugins/ZoneManager.cs.off &> /dev/null #mv $HOME/server/oxide/plugins/BotSpawn.cs $HOME/server/oxide/plugins/BotSpawn.cs.off &> /dev/null
(# Before a line disable deletion, or deactivation.)
- -Make automated backups of your Rust+Oxide server. Just edit AutoSave.sh (/home/youruser/RustHandler/AutoSave.sh).
You can also configure automatic sending of your backups to FTP/SFTP. For example :
# Enable or disable automatic backups, only run when the Rust server is running. enableBackup=true # Enable or disable sending backups by FTP/SFTP. enableRemoteBackup=true # Choose the frequency of automatic backups, in hours. cooldownInHours=6 # Delete backups older than: (in days). deleteOldBakInDays=15 # IP address of your FTP/SFTP server. IP=102.109.223.031 # User of your FTP/SFTP server. user=rustuser # Your FTP/SFTP server password. password=myhoneybirthday # Target directory of your backups on your FTP/SFTP server. pathToSend=/home/BakRust # FTP mod, if you want autobackup to send backups to another machine on Linux, no package allows scripting the sending, so you have to use scp. # If you want to send your saves via scp, just put scp instead of ftp, just below. PS= OVH and other FTP backups are simple FTP, not SFTP. ftpMod=ftp
If for example, only local backups interest you, you also have a function above to auto delete backups that are older than 15 days.
Local backups will automatically be stored in:
You can change the backup settings at any time, the script will take them in real time, including if the Rust server is running. Simply, if you set previously a save cycle of 6 hours, the parameters will change in 6 hours.
- -If RustHandler is launched as a root user, it blocks the launch of the server and gives you a warning message (start a server as root is a security breach), and on top of that offers you to install the script's dependencies. It also installs the plugin dependencies: "SignArtist.cs". You will just have to restart your dedicated server afterwards, because Libgdiplus needs it (SignArtist dependency).
- -RustHandler automatically restarts your server, if for example you use the “TimedExecute.cs” plugin, if you program the command, every day at noon “restart 300”, the server will restart automatically, and if you activate the “Auto_Update” mod, it will update each time it restarts!
-RustHandler logs all restarts of your Rust server, whether accidental or not. If for example your server becomes unstable, and you suspect it to restart randomly, consult: /home/YourUser/RustHandler/restarter.log
You will have a detailed list of reboots your machine has done.
Server restart on 2022-04-07 19:59:05 Server restart on 2022-04-08 12:00:58 Server restart on 2022-04-09 12:01:25 Server restart on 2022-04-10 12:00:54 Server restart on 2022-04-11 12:01:18 Server restart on 2022-04-12 12:00:55
- -RustHandler also has a “protection”, which prevents launching a Rust server several times (otherwise data corruption), so in case of error, do not panic, check your running processes, you will see that RustHandler has kick process the old. BUT, RustHandler, will only do this for Rust processes launched ON THIS user, so you can have several Rust servers, on the same dedicated machine, which are completely independent of each other. Magic!
- RustHandler automatically creates logs (raw logs) of your server, including EVERYTHING, so also the start of the server, which does not normally appear on an RCON protocol. Each time your server restarts, RustHandler creates a new log file.
Unfortunately, I haven't had time to translate everything yet, but it will happen very soon! (Baguette !)Added : English version since 0.0.3
-A Wipe mod (without BP)/ FullWipe: Done : in 0.0.4 version
- -A presentation in video
- -A clicable interface throught ssh instead of word commands
- -Scheduled Wipe
- -A command or clickable menu to easily import a backup. In case you have a corrupt save.
- -Your suggestions? Tell me about !
Apologies for the bad english !