weed/drugs

goontrash

• 3 weeks later...

I can also share some costs if someone gonna make this kind of plugin but because some shit rust limitations in the code... You can't add crafting recipes to the native game craft menu or probably can't add new recipes to the mixing table. Everything with commands is not user friendly and 50+% of the players wont use it. But I have vision about plugin where you can get by chance weed leaves or something from the hemp-collectable and turn it into simple joint via crafting recipe somehow or via some already existing in-game resources create drugs -> meth or coke at mixing table then use the weed/drugs for effects like teas.

Edited by Flammable
added some more stuff
  • Like 1

Yeah but sadly not everything is possible in the game. If you can have different seed item in-game then plant it and get different item (drug ingredient) would be good yeah but idk. As I know for now plugin might be more simple if developer release something but still if we are a lot of people and like the idea buy copy/support it there might be more stuff. Just facepunch have limitations how mixing and crafting works. Just imagine to use mixing table and make drugs, would be awesome but not possible.

I'm happy to pick this up, but I'm interested in learning your progression needs. How would crops to be cultivated? What stages in growth would you want(Stages Over Time(What Time Frame?)?) What economy system would you want? (Wulf Economics, internal currency system, Item trade system), Can you use the weed? what effects would it have? if anyone wants to get back to me with those details I'll list it for $10 within the next two days.

So lets say, 6 hours Junior Seeds, 6 Hours infant plant, 6 hours adult plant, 6 hours cultivation (ideal time, can cultivate at adult plant for less yield, infant plant to recover less seeds than planted, junior seeds to recover all seeds planted) - Times configurable in config, Integration using Economics and NPC support to be sold in a "undried" and "dried" state? 

• Like 1

I will have to write a new solution to planting the cannabis, instead of hemp. As such Will a command which snaps the seeds to the floor layer, which can be placed clicking a UI button to plant the weed be suitable in your opinion? I'll have to do some work with whoever uses it as I'm sure players will get creative in abusing it someway or other but such is life

Plugin will use its own internal UI and commands, will include hooks and appropriate code for it to be called / launched / closed externally for integrating with controller plugins / other ui in the interest of compatibility with other plugins and info menus

Quick Update, 

Since we can't get rid of client UI, even when it no longer applies to a gameObject, I've decided to cover it with my own and make some custom behaviour for the plant. Current UI State, and Target UI below. This Covers the default UI for Hemp which no longer applies to entities with the WeedPlant Component. UI isn't opened or closed by a key or command, opens automatically looking at or around a plant. Close button is added as a safety feature. Info Button opens a page containing more information about the strain and its effects on growth/value of material/clones/seeds(hybridseeds)

20210323131129_1.thumb.jpg.ad6c27a32637eef399c2110d26caae5d.jpg

unknown (1).png

Edited by xDEgg
lackingDetail

Jesus Christ... This plugin gonna be so gooood. Can't wait to see it live : )

Planting weed, making joints, smoking, selling to dealer for scrap or money... damn UI logo for the weed... its all epic.

Btw hoe players gonna open/click Info button without opening chat or inventory to show/use the cursor?

Edited by Flammable
forgot something btw

3 hours ago, Flammable said:

Jesus Christ... This plugin gonna be so gooood. Can't wait to see it live : )

Planting weed, making joints, smoking, selling to dealer for scrap or money... damn UI logo for the weed... its all epic.

Btw hoe players gonna open/click Info button without opening chat or inventory to show/use the cursor?

Hey there,

The UI auto-appears at the same time it would for standard Hemp(most of the time xD), and autocloses when looking away. The Info tab gives some info about the strain (creation date) and a breakdown of the genetics (effects), once you learn the genetics markers you can pretty much get by using the pop-up UI unless you want info about the strain. So in short, you have to press T, but it shouldn't be needed more than to get familiar with the genetics system and start assuming details. The close button is added incase something happens and UI gets stuck, but the process should be mostly automatic. Attached below is current state of UI:

20210324013307_1.thumb.jpg.adfb28d458a83458d91e7226b749ed03.jpg

Any other questions or critiques let me know, I'm always eager to improve. 

Can you have option in the config to enable auto show Info or not when look at the plant and also T to show the info (if understood right) in-game sounds very good because not possible to click as I said. Other suggestions... Not sure what's going on and with who you work the plugin exactly and what's the full release gonna have just saw one image from David about dealer NPC and heard that smoking will give comfort as good effect if we are talking about the same stuff. So any short visual/sound effect (do not wanna make people hate this and do not use it) but small stylish for realism effect where your screen is somehow RGB and you hear the Rasta music from the fishing village would be cool. And I love how the plugins is going for now. Less or 0% commands for players if possible to be more vanilla looking and blending with the game is nice. Maybe some tips here and there through planting, gathering, etc for the players will be also welcome and handy.

Hey,

UI has to auto-popup as it replaces the default Hemp ui. The plugin uses the Hemp mechanics but for the THC/Drug portion of the plant, so to avoid the old recycled hemp UI which no longer has function, this is the current solution. When I release it will come with a document telling you how to use the plugin, customize. 

Still needs refining(Will be improving the detection to switch from point sphere to new solution soon, I recommend Muting as my music taste are subpar

Edited by xDEgg
oof

21 minutes ago, SPooCK said:

Are you constantly Raycasting whats infront of the player view, as you spoke of point sphere? If so, that could be taxing on server performance.

Hello, currently I'm experimenting how I launch the ui, current testing has shown the current implementation doesnt seem taxing but it is being refined and reviewed for the most performance friendly solution possible. If at high player count performance is impacted I will switch to an inradius system before checking the raycast,

Once its released if anyone is experiencing performance issues we can work em out :)

Some players have shown interest in making it so weed can only be grown in planters, so this will be a config option 

ShopUI Test Design (test design):
Any thoughts, notes?

By Default there are 3 strains of Bud, each available in the store at Limited stock per seed, cutting or bud (consumable) per restart. Users will be able to sell their own seeds, bud and clippings, Will be a sell interface to do this. Not sure on how to do valuation of non default strains, currently considering user-decided values or auto-generated based on genetic properties and percentages.

DesignB.thumb.png.d4e26e15a77a97dd3dd2e0c661fe9f5c.png

Edited by xDEgg
test design

Hello,

I have a test environment. Will be doing tests soon if you and your friends / players would like to drop in, each receives a decent start up with money and kit commands, player versus player combat is disabled but you'll all have enough money to set up farms and try out the functionality if you'd like. 

Initial release was going to be after 2 days of me picking it up but as since I've decided to go completely overboard on it and flesh it out to maximise usage for players / gameplay/

Let me know if you're interested and when ready I'll throw over the connection information and a time /date 🙂

Thanks for following the progress of the plugin