How can we suck less?

Death

Just now, ChristopherS said:

Oh you mean 2 developers could trade an item between each other?

Developers can already give a licence to whoever they want. If a developer gave a licence to another person on this platform with the expectation of getting one in return, then that's an easy fix with a support ticket to Codefling staff. If there's proof through DM's etc, that that was the agreement - CF surely would be able to step in to get that resolved.

Yup. But it would remove the hustle to write a ticket, plus it makes it easy to trace back and take action.

Most people can do photoshop these days, and can fabricate a DM from thin air to take advantage of a developer.

6 minutes ago, Disguise said:

Yup. But it would remove the hustle to write a ticket, plus it makes it easy to trace back and take action.

Most people can do photoshop these days, and can fabricate a DM from thin air to take advantage of a developer.

I would make sure that you use the codefling DM system to make deals like this. That way, no amount of photoshop could be used to fake a deal.

• Like 1

It would be great if plugin descriptions supported HTML formatting. This would allow developers to use headings, lists, links, and other elements to make descriptions more structured and easier to read. It would also improve user experience by making key information more accessible and visually organized.

• Like 2

1. Some form of guide to pricing for the creators? Someone needs to tell 'lil Timmy that $99 is a tad steep for a config file.

2. A "Rite of Ashkente" button that instanly summons Death, but costs USD 666.42 to activate.

3. A way for creators to mark a product as do not download, I gave up on this crap (for free stuff)?

4. A way to just throw money at creators. Like a "Tip this Creator" button.

5. More people to review product before it gets approved. Maybe put that on the creators by letting them unlock a product for a tester/reviewer before it's approved. The creator can see the listing, so maybe let them unlock it for tester/reviewers.

6. Hand in hand, make a visible label and checkbox for reviews that people can show they recieved the product for free, so people can weigh thier review accordingly.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, The Friendly Chap said:

1. Some form of guide to pricing for the creators? Someone needs to tell 'lil Timmy that $99 is a tad steep for a config file.

2. A "Rite of Ashkente" button that instanly summons Death, but costs USD 666.42 to activate.

3. A way for creators to mark a product as do not download, I gave up on this crap (for free stuff)?

4. A way to just throw money at creators. Like a "Tip this Creator" button.

5. More people to review product before it gets approved. Maybe put that on the creators by letting them unlock a product for a tester/reviewer before it's approved. The creator can see the listing, so maybe let them unlock it for tester/reviewers.

6. Hand in hand, make a visible label and checkbox for reviews that people can show they recieved the product for free, so people can weigh thier review accordingly.

1: The market will sort this out. If the price is too steep, people will not buy.
3: Developers can already take their plugin off-sale and prevent new people from downloading it.
4: There's already a way for people to stick their PayPal donate button on the sales page. 

image.png.706f80235ee1e22674db5c7a645b9c61.png

Edited by ChristopherS
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, The Friendly Chap said:

I suggested this one as well, but then had someone bring up the point of people who got the product from another site and are just getting it here due to owning it elsewhere (and thus would have received it for free) and would affect the review weighing process then.

1 minute ago, ViolationHandler.exe said:

I suggested this one as well, but then had someone bring up the point of people who got the product from another site and are just getting it here due to owning it elsewhere (and thus would have received it for free) and would affect the review weighing process then.

A workaround for this could be limiting reviews only to those people who have the licence on their account here on Codefling (I think it's like that already). 

1 minute ago, ChristopherS said:

A workaround for this could be limiting reviews only to those people who have the licence on their account here on Codefling (I think it's like that already). 

The thing is, if you are given a product, you own the license for that product, it acts as if you purchased it, there's basically no way to determine if a product was gifted or purchased currently. It says purchase date is the day you gifted them the product I believe, but you can change the date, I've been trying to put the gifted copies many days prior to release of plugin to know whos gifted and whos not lol

4 minutes ago, ViolationHandler.exe said:

The thing is, if you are given a product, you own the license for that product, it acts as if you purchased it, there's basically no way to determine if a product was gifted or purchased currently. It says purchase date is the day you gifted them the product I believe, but you can change the date, I've been trying to put the gifted copies many days prior to release of plugin to know whos gifted and whos not lol

Ahh I see! I suppose developers would have to stop giving out keys here on CF to plugins etc. bought on other sites if things can't be changed. Yeah, you've got a decent suggestion from the sounds of things!

• Love 1

I think a better search function would be nice. It works, but it's not intuitive. If I press search for something, I should find what I'm looking for.  

Also more feet pics from death thanks 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/6/2024 at 5:36 PM, ChristopherS said:

I've wrote several negative reviews. None were hidden at all.

The only reason a review is hidden is if it contains information not relevant, or you haven't taken the steps needed to fix the problem.

Deemed relevant by who?

Approving all reviews help prevent review bombs and I respect that, but the current process means that I don't trust reviews at all.

• Like 1

I don't see why the fuss about the review process is about , it's very clear if there's no constructive argument or feedback regarding the product the review being simple or braindead will not be approved otherwise you'd have dozens of customers just like this one who would review bomb you due to their lack of knowledge on using the product :

To mention the person did not reach out to me or anyone else to ask about the issue he's had with the map , he's seen the conversation next day and did not respond to it or ask further help

orai.png

• Like 4

1. Allow co creator feature a file.

2. Change bundles so they get their own item page and then you can add any of your products to the page that generate a thumbnail line below the description test box area and if they add to cart the items are added as individuals with the bundle discount total price - Sorry i just don't like the current bundle system leaves a lot to be desired. Example Mock Up Click Me

3. Add a collections feature, similar to the Steam Workshop, where a "Collections" tab is available on my profile. This allows me to create and name collections, and add any of my products, as well as possibly products from other creators, to these collections. For example, a "Mini Monuments Collection" would display all my mini monuments on a single page. Items included in the collection would be marked on their product page as "Part of Mini Collection," with a clickable link to view all other items in the collection. Example Picture Click Me Example Picture Click Me 2
Edited by RobJ
Links
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

I have mentioned this before and guys said about license's and stuff, But a orgenisation account where i can add sub users.  When im working 16 hours a day i really need other managment to have access to the updates. All my staff sign NDA's  and even if they didnt I  only give access to people i trust.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Force plugins to have unique names.  Not just titles but filenames as well.  Rustadmin always likes to grab the one I don't have for updates.

chrome_Omh2cRqyoN.png

• Like 3

People bitching about the review process dont understand that its there for a reason. If a reviewer hasn't even made the minimal effort to open a support ticket to try and solve their problem, then the review is bullshit. It doesn't give the dev a chance to address the problem, or give the dev a chance to make the product better.

If there is sufficient evidence that the reviewer has tried to solve the issue with the dev, then the review gets pushed through.

Its not a hard process to follow.

Reach out to dev for support -> Dev tries to fix issue

Dev fixes issue -> review needs to be rewritten

Dev doesn't fix issue -> Review is valid

Dev doesn't reply -> Review is valid

Reviewer doesn't reach out to dev for support -> review is bullshit

Reviewer reaches out and doesn't provide dev with any valid information to help solve the problem -> review is bullshit

Reviewer reaches out for support and then never replies -> review is bullshit

Reviewer asks for a feature to be added, dev denies it, leaves a 1 start review -> review is bullshit, feature requests aren't mandatory on the devs end

Its not that hard to submit a review on the site, yes the reviews are curated to an extent. The REASON they are curated is because we want ACCURATE reviews... not just someone review bombing the fuck out of a series of products cause they aren't happy with the dev. When a potential new customer sees your product and that its only 1 star, the chances of them clicking into your product to check it out in more depth DRAMATICALLY reduces. Do you really want your product to have unmoderated reviews and be 1 star because of no fucking good reason? lol I don't think so. Thats why we have a review process.

Don't like our review process?

Are you a dev? Then do better. Focus on making your product(s) better, and more people will leave better reviews.

Are you a reviewer? Then make effort to try and fix your issue instead of just being a cry baby and bitching. Tried that? Then prove it. Screenshots? Discussion threads? Etc. You prove it, then 99% of the time your review is going through.

99% of all reviews that have gotten denied for MY products have been denied because the reviewer never tried to fix their issue and reach out to me. Simple as that.

If you don't trust the reviews because they are curated, then apparently you don't trust any of the plugins or products on the site either, cause those are curated too. 😛

#endrant

Edited by BippyMiester
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, BippyMiester said:

People bitching about the review process dont understand that its there for a reason. If a reviewer hasn't even made the minimal effort to open a support ticket to try and solve their problem, then the review is bullshit. It doesn't give the dev a chance to address the problem, or give the dev a chance to make the product better.

If there is sufficient evidence that the reviewer has tried to solve the issue with the dev, then the review gets pushed through.

Its not a hard process to follow.

Its not that hard to submit a review on the site, yes the reviews are curated to an extent. The REASON they are curated is because we want ACCURATE reviews... not just someone review bombing the fuck out of a series of products cause they aren't happy with the dev. When a potential new customer sees your product and that its only 1 star, the chances of them clicking into your product to check it out in more depth DRAMATICALLY reduces. Do you really want your product to have unmoderated reviews and be 1 star because of no fucking good reason? lol I don't think so. Thats why we have a review process.

Don't like our review process?

Are you a dev? Then do better. Focus on making your product(s) better, and more people will leave better reviews.

Are you a reviewer? Then make effort to try and fix your issue instead of just being a cry baby and bitching. Tried that? Then prove it. Screenshots? Discussion threads? Etc. You prove it, then 99% of the time your review is going through.

99% of all reviews that have gotten denied for MY products have been denied because the reviewer never tried to fix their issue and reach out to me. Simple as that.

If you don't trust the reviews because they are curated, then apparently you don't trust any of the plugins or products on the site either, cause those are curated too. 😛

#endrant

Couldn't agree more.

• Like 3

Not sure how, but maybe some sort of guarantee that a plugin works at point of purchase

Understandably plugins can stop working due to FP updates, but in my case i've purchased some premium priced plugins only to find its main features not working correctly or at all.

Currently this leaves me at the mercy of developer or fixing things myself when time allows, few months and 5 patches later it still doesn't work as intended

Edited by Bad Cop
  • Like 1

Add a “dumb” search function as a toggle for those moments when you aren’t trying to discover something new and add the “Up to Date” notification on the product page similar to the purchases tab.

• Like 2

A type of settings option towards personal viewing. (I have no clue what this is called) 
Instead of rambling like I do.. a small explanation for what I mean:
As someone that needs glasses I find the color contrasts - small wording a pain at times.. I love mindlessly scrolling to see all the new additions, but I frequently need to hold CTRL to actually zoom in my screen which obviously becomes a pain when you need to scroll even more/view photos etc
The 'light mode' is actually almost blinding to use when I try do this also.

Totally embarrassing if I'm that blind that I've completely missed that there is some sort of option for these if there is.. 
But I hope it somewhat explains what I mean. (explaining is not usually my forte.) 

Edited by xKiti
  • Like 2

The review process could be streamlined a bit more. When submitting files your told at the top that a curator needs to review, but there is no indication of a time frame. Would be nice to see a que or something, would cut down on the "How long does it take for code review" questions in the discord. 

Now that my Plugins are awesomely sorted by and showing latest update date beside it,  can you do this with bundles as well?  I have purchased two bundles and I have to go to the bundle and open up each one in the bundle and check if there is an update. One bundle has five plugins and  the other has two. I have to go to the Misc page, click on the Bundle, open each one in another tab, then go to the updates tab. Any way we can have these showing latest update and sorted. or at least just latest update beside it?

Screenshot 2024-10-09 093108.png

3 hours ago, Bad Cop said:

Not sure how, but maybe some sort of guarantee that a plugin works at point of purchase

Understandably plugins can stop working due to FP updates, but in my case i've purchased some premium priced plugins only to find its main features not working correctly or at all.

Currently this leaves me at the mercy of developer or fixing things myself when time allows, few months and 5 patches later it still doesn't work as intended

If its taking the developer months to fix an issue, then you need to reach out to the admins about it. We'll try and help you as best as we can, cause that shits not ok. That goes against our Plugin Posting ToS i'm fairly sure. Developers have a responsibility to update their plugins on a timely schedule.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xKiti said:

A type of settings option towards personal viewing. (I have no clue what this is called) 
Instead of rambling like I do.. a small explanation for what I mean:
As someone that needs glasses I find the color contrasts - small wording a pain at times.. I love mindlessly scrolling to see all the new additions, but I frequently need to hold CTRL to actually zoom in my screen which obviously becomes a pain when you need to scroll even more/view photos etc
The 'light mode' is actually almost blinding to use when I try do this also.

Totally embarrassing if I'm that blind that I've completely missed that there is some sort of option for these if there is.. 
But I hope it somewhat explains what I mean. (explaining is not usually my forte.) 

This is a good idea.

• Like 1