How can we suck less?

Death

Would like to second markdown support. I can't make just one word be monospace/preformatted. Would also make it much easier to synchronize documentation between CF and GitHub etc.

• Like 1

I've tried to read over all the previously mentioned ideas in the thread so far,  most of them relate to or directly address my only real issues with the site and those are the already mentioend search functionality improvements.

The only other minor thing I could think of would be to implement some extra filters on the plugin main search page,
in the area on the right in the attached screenshot.

If it was possible to search by / or sort by   author for example, on the main plugin search page,
using a simple filter seleciton from the drop down menu, choosing author, to display plugins by author instead of all plugins in an A-Z fashion.

I suggest this as other methods of clicking a plugin, asset or tool then scrolling around to choose "find their other files" can be a bit convoluted and irritating sometimes, especially considering the pages are generallydominated by extra large imagery making text difficult to find.  My eyes must filter too much.

Otherwise, all seemse pretty great to me - keep up he good stuff!

screenshot.jpg

Plugin images resolutions are a mess. Either we need more default sizes or the option to allocate certain images to certain places:

• Front/Homepage page images are 285x285
  • The image at the top of the plugin page are 419x234
  • Feature files on the front page "swiper" are some massively stretched streched width by 300 height normally close to 2:1
  • The plugin page /mods has images at 285x275
  • The profile page is 285x275
  • Search page images are 180x180

On that note if we search for plugins it would be good if they displayed like the /mods page.

Edited by Whispers88
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Death said:

Do you see the light bulb to the right of the navigation bar? Click that for me 😄

Make a darker light mode. Pressing this button will cause permanent eye damage.
image.png.0bb4c3f51e4bb9e2b32419f8ae57d306.png

• Haha 5
  • Love 2

I would also like to speak up. 😊
First of all, I want to express my great respect to all the members, admins, moderators, and developers.
It’s an honor to grow together with you. Thank you for all the amazing works you’ve created!

I have some suggestions for improvements that I’ve noticed:
User Account – “Files” Category
Expand Filter Function: I suggest extending the filter options to include “Free,” “Paid,” Currently, only “All” and “On Sale” are available.

User Account – Wishlist
• Implement Filter Function: A filter option for “Free,” “Paid,” “On Sale,” and “All” would be very helpful.
• Notification Function: It would be great to introduce a feature that notifies users when a plugin on their wishlist goes on sale—similar to Steam.

User Puplic  – Wishlist
• Remove Button: When I open a public wishlist, I see a "Remove" button. If I confirm this button, I am redirected to my own wishlist. However, I am not sure if this will delete the plugin from the other person's wishlist. It might be better to remove the button from the public wishlist.

File Publication – Fix
• Add Multiple Plugins
: Currently, when publishing a file, you can only list one plugin under “Dependencies.” To add multiple plugins, you have to edit the plugin again. It would be beneficial to create the option to select multiple plugins at once.

No longer available Products
• Products that are no longer available should be removed from the search function and placed into a new category like “Broken Plugins.” This way, customers can quickly see if a plugin is still up-to-date. This separate category also helps prevent future buyers from becoming frustrated, as it clearly distinguishes non-functional content from active offerings.

This, of course, applies to plugins, maps, assets, and tools.

Codefling Creator Program
• A Codefling Creator Program allows users to apply as Creators. If their application is accepted, the Creator receives a unique tag or code, which they can choose freely, as long as it is available and appropriate. The Creator can then share this code with their community.

Buyers who enter this code when making a purchase on Codefling have the option to indicate that they were referred by that specific Creator (for example, through an input option like "Were you referred by someone?" during checkout). For each purchase made with this referral code, the Creator receives a small percentage of the revenue, which is credited to their Codefling account.

The percentage doesn’t need to be large, a few cents add up over time.
This way, everyone benefits: the developers, Codefling, as well as the Creators and buyers.

Support Dashboard
The Support Dashboard should be listed right next to “Purchases,” as this useful feature is sure to be overlooked under “Account Balance.”

If I think of anything else, I’ll add it here. 😉

Screenshot_177.png

Screenshot_176.png

Edited by DeutscherRitterPlatz
  • Like 1

Well... Codefling could be more friendly with payment methods w implementing cryptocurrencies (like USDT) using binance pay or something like that, it would be better than Paypal.

Many people would probably accept this as it is better than Paypal.

😛

• Love 1

6 hours ago, Raichu said:

Make the deals section actual deals, Welcome panel by David has been the top of deals for 3 years

Agree with this. Files on sale for three years straights is stupid. If you want to put a file on sale, you should be able to only do it once every 4 weeks if the max time on sale is 2 weeks. You NEED a cooldown. its illegal in most of the US and California.

When marketing products in California, companies need to comply with the State’s General Business Regulations. Within these regulations is a provision titled, “False Advertising in General,” also designated as Section 17501. The law is clear that, “[n]o price shall be advertised as a former price of any advertised thing, unless the alleged former price was the prevailing market price as above defined within three months next immediately preceding the publication of the advertisement or unless the date when the alleged former price did prevail is clearly, exactly and conspicuously stated in the advertisement.” Simply stated, to be “on sale,” the subject item must have had a higher former price within the last three months. This means that if an item is always on sale, then the seller is engaging in false advertising under California law.

Having your file consistently on sale is just stupid. Lower the fucking price if you want it to be that price. Stop trying to take advantage of the fact that when a sale is started, you get a nice "sale" button and get listed on the deals page. Thats taking advantage of the system and is just fucking stupid.

So yea, i agree with Raichu. Thats so fucking dumb that CF allows that.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, HunterZ said:

Would like to second markdown support. I can't make just one word be monospace/preformatted. Would also make it much easier to synchronize documentation between CF and GitHub etc.

How about synchronize everything? Description, and including the download button. If you push a release on github, with a version tag, it should be updated to the download link on Codefling. 

2 minutes ago, BippyMiester said:

How about synchronize everything? Description, and including the download button. If you push a release on github, with a version tag, it should be updated to the download link on Codefling. 

Umod tried to implement this, but it's useless for me because they assumed that you'd have only one plugin per repo, and I want to manage all of my plugins together in one repo for now.

Edited by HunterZ

53 minutes ago, HunterZ said:

Umod tried to implement this, but it's useless for me because they assumed that you'd have only one plugin per repo, and I want to manage all of my plugins together in one repo for now.

The reason its useless for you is because thats how the rest of the industry does things, and you're going against the grain of what the industry does. This is a common term known as industry standards. One repository = one project. If you want to have a "Master Repo" with all your projects in it, then create a github action that pushes your entire project repo to the "Master Repo" whenever you push if its that important to you that they all reside in one repo.

When you go against the grain like that, it not only hinders you as a developer (because the feature on umod is useless for you), but it also goes to show that you're not apt an implementing industry standards in your work, which could lead to poor development practices and coding practices. So my suggestion is to start using industry standard methodologies, and you will find that things get a lot easier for you.

15 minutes ago, BippyMiester said:

The reason its useless for you is because thats how the rest of the industry does things, and you're going against the grain of what the industry does. This is a common term known as industry standards. One repository = one project. If you want to have a "Master Repo" with all your projects in it, then create a github action that pushes your entire project repo to the "Master Repo" whenever you push if its that important to you that they all reside in one repo.

When you go against the grain like that, it not only hinders you as a developer (because the feature on umod is useless for you), but it also goes to show that you're not apt an implementing industry standards in your work, which could lead to poor development practices and coding practices. So my suggestion is to start using industry standard methodologies, and you will find that things get a lot easier for you.

I don't care what industry is doing, I care what gets me the best personal workflow to support my hobby. Repo per-plugin would break my workflow, not to mention clutter up my github account with a bunch of repos. Do what you want, and I'll do what I want, and we'll all make cool things.

8 hours ago, Raichu said:

Make the deals section actual deals, Welcome panel by David has been the top of deals for 3 years

I've been complaining about this for months, issue is I don't know what would be the best solution for it. I've suggested a couple things, but I think each has its own downside.

My idea was as follows:

A scaling cooldown and increase longest sale length.

3 month max with cooldown of 1 month?

if did 1 month sale, then cooldown of 1 week
if did 2 month sale, then cooldown of 2.5 weeks
if did 3 month sale, then 4 week cooldown

something like that maybe? or lower max sale length (from 3 months meaning)

Likely there is something better, but figure then it allows people to have longer sales, but as a result of the longer sale they need to wait longer to put it up for sale again. This would at least prevent abusing the system to some degree. I think the scaling system will likely be the best option overall from what I've heard though, just maybe not these exact values.

5 hours ago, Whispers88 said:

Plugin images resolutions are a mess. Either we need more default sizes or the option to allocate certain images to certain places:

• Front page images are 285x285
  • The image at the top of the plugin page are 419x234
  • Feature files on the front page "swiper" are some massively streched width by 300 height normally close to 2:1
  • The plugin page /mods has images at 285x275
  • Search page images are 180x180

On that note if we search for plugins it would be good if they displayed like the /mods page.

I think if the front page featured ones were taller and the images on your profile were the same size as they are on homepage of site it'd be okay tbh, or at least much better.

I designed my icons for the homepage, then went to my profile and realized they were too wide and had to re-do it.

I think the main issue is the fact you basically HAVE to design around these things.

Edited by ViolationHandler.exe
Added last sentence.

hey all how you doing? as the game is out since 2018 well in my country anyway. can you please make a plugin to make your servers allow people to run it on linux.  the plugin is a some sort of anticheat in it then you can put off the easy anticheat which comes with the server.

you guys must know not all people will have enough money to buy better pc to run windows 11 so which leave the rust server a lot less people to join.

21 minutes ago, farkasxx said:

hey all how you doing? as the game is out since 2018 well in my country anyway. can you please make a plugin to make your servers allow people to run it on linux.  the plugin is a some sort of anticheat in it then you can put off the easy anticheat which comes with the server.

you guys must know not all people will have enough money to buy better pc to run windows 11 so which leave the rust server a lot less people to join.

A Rust server can already be run on Linux. If it's about a cracked Rust server, I doubt that a developer from Codefling can help you with that. It's really unfortunate that there are already fake user plugins available. Additionally, Rust can also be run on Windows 11; several members of my community are already using Windows 11.

I think your request doesn’t quite fit in this post. Perhaps the following link would be more appropriate: https://codefling.com/forums/requests

Edited by DeutscherRitterPlatz

22 minutes ago, DeutscherRitterPlatz said:

A Rust server can already be run on Linux. If it's about a cracked Rust server, I doubt that a developer from Codefling can help you with that. It's really unfortunate that there are already fake user plugins available. Additionally, Rust can also be run on Windows 11; several members of my community are already using Windows 11.

I think your request doesn’t quite fit in this post. Perhaps the following link would be more appropriate: https://codefling.com/forums/requests

hi i don't think you understand me. yes it can run on linux. i have windows 11 i have a ryzen 7 . my problem is not everyone will have 20k to buy one. so what will happen on the long run servers are gonna go empty

a developer can do it and thats why im asking can they please make a plugin. so with coding and a bit of hope it can work, the question is will they?

17 hours ago, ViolationHandler.exe said:

Yeaaa, don't know how I feel about that one lol, lemme go buy a plugin rq and then go trade it with someone else's plugin until I get all of the plugins on CF 😆

“From your uploads” Which means something you have created and got approved. Then you are able to trade the .cs/.prefab/etc with an another member’s approved product. You can not trade traded or not original products. Excuse my wording in my original post. Not how I meant it.

18 hours ago, ChristopherS said:

From the sounds of it, it looks like they're suggesting the possibility for me to trade a licence to you.

I guess it'd be something like:
- I don't like/use a plugin that I bought,
- I sell/give the licence to you.

Unfortunately, there's too many people in my opinion who'd take advantage of this. Pirating would go through the roof.

EDIT: Besides, don't licences state somewhere that you agree they're non-transferrable? Or at least the terms of use here on CF?

See my comment over this comment. Thanks!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Death said:

Do you see the light bulb to the right of the navigation bar? Click that for me 😄

Oh FFS! It used to be at the bottom. Thank you! The light bulb certainly went on in my head. 😂

1 hour ago, Disguise said:

See my comment over this comment. Thanks!

All you said was:

"Option to trade products: two members could trade their products from their uploads safely, scam-free"

This still would cause a boat load of piracy. my next comment still stands.

"Exactly. You would still have the .cs file on your computer, Codefling can't take that from your storage. All it would mean is that you'd have an outdated version of the plugin that you traded, while adding to the collection.

Trading licences is a very bad idea in my opinion."

What would your solution to this fraud and piracy be?

23 minutes ago, ChristopherS said:

All you said was:

"Option to trade products: two members could trade their products from their uploads safely, scam-free"

This still would cause a boat load of piracy. my next comment still stands.

"Exactly. You would still have the .cs file on your computer, Codefling can't take that from your storage. All it would mean is that you'd have an outdated version of the plugin that you traded, while adding to the collection.

Trading licences is a very bad idea in my opinion."

What would your solution to this fraud and piracy be?

1. You don't trade with randos.

2. Why would the parties pirate the other product? They both have the other party's file. Illegally distributing these products would be a two edged sword.

3. Solution (kind of): Members with a certain reputation, level of rank, uploads could use the trade function. It would put your own products and profile at risk if you pirated/illegally distributed the shared file.

+ A KYC system could be implemented to restrict the trade feature to verified members only. (But I don't think it worth the hustle to implement)

++ I think you have seen the wrong comment (the quote).

Edited by Disguise
+ KYC

1 minute ago, Disguise said:

1. You don't trade with randos.

2. Why would the parties pirate the other product? They both have the other party's file. Illegally distributing these products would be a two edged sword.

3. Solution (kind of): Members with a certain reputation, level of rank, uploads could use the trade function. It would put your own products and profile at risk if you pirated/illegally distributed the shared file.

Oh you mean 2 developers could trade an item between each other?

Developers can already give a licence to whoever they want. If a developer gave a licence to another person on this platform with the expectation of getting one in return, then that's an easy fix with a support ticket to Codefling staff. If there's proof through DM's etc, that that was the agreement - CF surely would be able to step in to get that resolved.

• Like 1