Not getting email notifications for file updates

Fusion 3.64

I'm pretty sure I have the settings correct in the notification settings section. I have the dropdown selected for email. But I also have notification list as well. I made sure to go to each page and select send me version updates. But for some reason that option gets removed and I have to go back and select it again. This doesn't happen to all the plugins/assets. Just random ones. I think it happens after I file gets an update. Not positive though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

We're having issues with Hotmail/Live at the moment. We're working on resolving the issue, in the meantime, try changing your email or receiving push notifications instead.

I've got browser notifications activated as well as watching the discord updates feed. My only other email is a gmail account which is a festering cesspool of spam. I only keep it because it's my play store account. I'll just wait to see if there's a fix for live and watch the current options 🙂

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

So I don't know if this is just me. But I'm still having issues with the version updates. But now it's the button for "Send me version update" constantly unchecking itself. It's totally random if it will stay active or not. For example aMAZEingPro updated last night. I had it set to send me updates. But I only knew because if the discord. So I clicked the button again. I saw the new update today so I went to the website. It was deactivated yet again. So I activated it again. Just checked it again. It's inactive.

Is the button really needed  if you have a follow button? Just have the version updates tied into following the plugin. That's how most websites handle it. Unless that's not how the template works on here. But maybe you can tweak it to do that? 

@Death So apparently this is just with certain products. I just can't stay active on keeping updated. I'll click the button. And it basically tells me to piss off and I have to watch the discord feed. I've since moved from live to proton. So I'm getting any email that is being sent. But now I'm stuck with this issue. I mean the discord is great. But sometimes things get lost in the flood.

• 1 month later...

Hey there. So this is still a thing. I'll have pages set to receive version updates. I'll refresh the page to make sure because sometimes it doesn't stick and I'll have to activate it again and refresh to make sure that time worked. I'll even come back to the page later on and make sure it's still activated. So some time will pass. I'll scroll back through the discord feed and see there was an update. Or two. Or I'll check the plugin/assets page (sort by>recently updated) and I'll see that there's been updates and a decent number of the version update buttons have been deactivated.

I have no idea what's going on here if it's on my end.

• 3 months later...

I'm still having issues with getting version updates to stick. It doesn't matter what I do. I can disable all browser plugins. I can change browsers. But no matter what, some pages just won't stick. And there's no rhyme or reason to it. I'll click and refresh and it's undone. I'll click and refresh and it's fine. I'll back out of the page and go back in and it's undone. I'll repeat all that shit. It's fine. Come back to it later and it's undone. And it doesn't matter what "item" it is. Some are fine. Some aren't Some will stick for days. Some hours. Some have been since since the day I bought it.

Free products. I have no idea what's going on with those. I have to watch the discord feed to make sure I'm getting updates on those.

Following pages are fine. There's no issue with that. It's just version updates.

I don't know if you actually follow anything or bother with version updates since you're at the head of all this. But give it a try. Just click a bunch of pages to send you version updates. And then go back and see if it stuck the next day. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/14/2021 at 3:40 AM, Death said:

Our notification system is not great right now. An overhaul will be included in the big update we're working on. Should be live in January.

Will this big update include the ability to see which plugins/files we are opted in for "Send me version updates"? Currently, I only see an option to list our "followed content." I need to be able to receive update notifications (which haven't been working very reliably) but not get pinged every time a post is made to Discussion/Support/etc, so I typically use the "version updates" option rather than following a project/file. Being able to see a list of those projects/files I have opted in to for version updates would be of great use to me. Thank you for your time and attention.