Navmesh problems with THE EARTH- APOCALPYSE

SPATCH

Question

Hi,

Ive recently started using botspawn in conjuction with Kierox's map "The Earth- Apocalypse" I have navmesh option enabled in CFG. Everytime i try to load the server. i get these messages in the console (below). I have tried tp'ing to the various co-ords and typing /botspawn edit to see where the spawn point was, noticed it was beneath the mesh and then tried editing it in the custom data JSON and spawn data JSON  to see if i could move the spawn point closer to the navmesh, but nothing I try works, moving closer, or further away on the "y" (up/down) axis has no affect. I'm very sad, and very sleep deprived from constantly being sat in front of this clacking away at the keyboard =D. Can i move the navmesh in some way or am I just completely helpless and clueless .TIA

[BotSpawn] Spawn point 0 in Spawns file Zombie is too far away from navmesh.

(Filename: ./Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

[BotSpawn] Spawn point 0 in Spawns file spyalert is too far away from navmesh.

[BotSpawn] Spawn point 0 in Spawns file spyboss is too far away from navmesh.

[BotSpawn] Spawn point 0 in Spawns file Scientist-spyend is too far away from navmesh.

[BotSpawn] Spawn point 0 in Spawns file ac-130boss is too far away from navmesh.

[BotSpawn] Spawn point 0 in Spawns file ScientistNormal is too far away from navmesh.

[BotSpawn] Spawn point 1 in Spawns file Zombie is too far away from navmesh.

[BotSpawn] Spawn point 1 in Spawns file spyalert is too far away from navmesh.

[BotSpawn] Spawn point 1 in Spawns file Scientist-spyend is too far away from navmesh.

[BotSpawn] Spawn point 1 in Spawns file ScientistNormal is too far away from navmesh.

7 answers to this question

• Administrator

Keirox's previous bundled files were for an out-of-date BotSpawn and some changes (Bots is now Day_Time_Spawn_Amount) would be needed to make it work with current version but, other than that, his bundled spawn points should work just fine.

If a handful of them are too far away from Navmesh that's either an oversight on his part or the result of recent stricter water checks in BotSpawn.

Either way you should be able to just manually move the ones which aren't good.

If you create a spawn point in, or move one to, an no-good location, current BotSpawn will print a message to chat to say something like

'consider moving this point or enabling Stationary option', so at least you don't have to keep reloading to check if you've fixed it.

Edited by Steenamaroo

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, SPATCH said:

tried editing it in the custom data JSON and spawn data JSON  to see if i could move the spawn point closer to the navmesh, but nothing I try works

Hi,

I can't remember if BotSpawn saves down spawns files, from memory, on unload/reload or not but either way you'd be better using the built in chat commands to move spawnpoints.
You shouldn't ever need to manually edit a BotSpawn spawns json file.

When you've identified a problem spawn do /botspawn edit <thatprofilename> then /botspawn movespawn <TheSpawnPointNumber>

It should tell you straight away, in chat, if the new location is too far from navmesh.

If it is move around and do 'movespawn' command again until you get a usable spot.

Edited by Steenamaroo

Thankyou so much for your swift response i will begin implementing your advice currently and shall report back, thankyou greatly!

just to make sureim understanding this. I move the spawn using the chat commands and keep moving around in that area untill i get a spot that works?

Edited by SPATCH

Personally I'd suggest manually re creating the spawn points to suit you as Kierox should not be distributing BotSpawn.
But thats just me....
You will have a better understanding of how BotSpawn works and it will be easier for you to make changes in the future.
I have some rough videos on setting up BS as well on le youtube that might help in future.
Quick Setup
Custom Spawns

Have Fun 😛

1 minute ago, MikeHawke said:

Personally I'd suggest manually re creating the spawn points to suit you as Kierox should not be distributing BotSpawn.
But thats just me....
You will have a better understanding of how BotSpawn works and it will be easier for you to make changes in the future.
I have some rough videos on setting up BS as well on le youtube that might help in future.
Quick Setup
Custom Spawns

Have Fun 😛

he has said on his discord that he is removing it from the pack he puts out with the map. thats a shame cos i was hoping to play the map myself, but this is gonna ruin all the content, but no biggie i got a bunch of people who are looking forward to this map. Thanks for your help mike im gonna watch the videos now, youre a gent.