Scrap leaderboard like on the OTV server.

Luuxen

Hey guys and girls!
I am looking for a scrap leaderboard like they had on the OTV server.
Was told that it was a private plugin and wont be shared.. That is so sad if you ask me.. It could be a great addition for rust PvE servers to have! so im looking for something similar.
It seemed to have a bank in outpost where players could deposit the scrap, and after some time the leaderboard show who is in the lead.
image.png.742adad50f3477f0c17487115a6f5be6.pngimage.png.ababd9042f7fcf8dfeea4db86bad2d18.png
Best regards
!Lυυxҽɳ#0420

1 minute ago, Sparkless said:

No one will give you this plugin, and I am not the developer of this plugin. I am ready to write a similar version of this plugin

ready, set, GO! 🙂 looking forward to see it uploaded here

• 1 year later...

Sadeness. Yeah, it's doable as a plugin, but gonna be hard to find someone who's willing to do it as it's basically reverse engineering a bespoke plugin. I would advise re-stating the request without mentioning where you saw the idea, then maybe you're likely to get more bites.

• Love 1

19 minutes ago, The Friendly Chap said:

Sadeness. Yeah, it's doable as a plugin, but gonna be hard to find someone who's willing to do it as it's basically reverse engineering a bespoke plugin. I would advise re-stating the request without mentioning where you saw the idea, then maybe you're likely to get more bites.

yea i just fell over this old post yesterday 🙂 sadness its still a plugin for those twitch nerds there dont appreciate its value anyway..
thanks for the input @The Friendly Chap im gonna put this idea to rest instead 😄 i cant remember on top of my head who created the one they used, so thats just how it is.. cheers mate keep it real !

That's why, thanks to one well-known and not sure why "hated by some" developer (not going to mention his name), I ran for my community Trust In Rust-like tournaments five times, while if it weren't him, I would only be able to watch this like a premium thing on twitch one time per year or be just base invaders participant if lucky enough. Sorry, but that sucks. The plugin UI is basic (like the 1st TIR) and not 100% up-to-date with the latest gameplay features, but it's better than nothing. I will always mention him with GOOD and say, "Thanks for making this whole thing possible for us!"

Despite my lack of coding knowledge, this plugin idea is not something hard to be made at all... Maybe I am right, or perhaps I am wrong. Who knows? Anyways if anyone decides to work on it, I will be willing to join you @Luuxen if possible so we can share the costs and see it done.

One piece of advice: You'd better not need to remember who made their plugin. I used to fall for the same thing before looking for one exact "Meteor" plugin. I found the developer and paid 100+ price for something that's probably 10-20, and the rest is "EXCLUSIVE plugin tax," 😞 Not worth it.

Edited by Flammable
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://github.com/Wrecks830/rustplugin-scraponomics

Got permission from the author of Scraponomics to fork, I was able to add leaderboard functionality to it and get the result you were looking for, Will add more features to it later, Enjoy!

Can add me on discord if you need help.

Discord - wrecksonthebeat

Edited by Wrecks
  • Love 1