How can we suck less?

Death

On 10/16/2024 at 1:31 AM, Death said:

You feel that a review saying, “this plugin is shit” should be removed and investigated, but don’t expect the same scrutiny for reviews that say, “this plugin is awesome.” Both types of reviews, if lacking substance, are equally unhelpful. If a review doesn't explain why a plugin is great or bad, neither offers value to someone considering a purchase. Reviews need substance, whether positive or negative, to genuinely help potential customers.

You argue against removing reviews for lacking context or substance, but at the same time, you say you're reading reviews to see if people are genuinely happy with their purchase. How would you know if someone is truly satisfied if the review just says something vague like "nice plugin" without any explanation?

If reviews lack detail, like simply saying "this plugin is awesome" or "nice plugin," they don't actually tell you whether the purchase was a good experience or if the plugin met their expectations. Without context, reviews become meaningless, whether they're positive or negative. This is why moderation for substance, not just sentiment, is important for ensuring reviews provide value.

Genuine doesn’t just mean expressing a feeling, it means providing an honest, informed opinion based on actual experience. A review that truly comes from the heart would have substance, offering details about what made the product great (or not) for the reviewer.

Of course, thats why everybody is happy with the system. You are right. Keep up the good work.

On 10/6/2024 at 3:58 PM, Death said:

We're always trying to make Codefling suck a little less, but we need your help. If you've got just one thing you’d like changed, added, or removed to make your experience here better, we want to hear it!

Leave your idea in reply to this post, and we’ll pick 10 lucky responses at random to win a $20 gift card! If your suggestion gets implemented, you'll also snag a $50 gift card, whether or not you were one of the random winners.

Now, if you're just here to roast us, fair enough—we probably deserve it. We’re ready for the good, the bad, and the brutally honest. Let’s hear it!

I suppose the highest complaint I hear from a LOT of devs is payment. Often asking me to pay directly which isn’t safe. And honestly I’d hope you know my purchase list by now I spend a lot with you guys, I just want my investments to be protected. 

I hope we can get to a place where they can withdraw quickly and I can avoid this request entirely. 

1 hour ago, Markiii said:

I suppose the highest complaint I hear from a LOT of devs is payment. Often asking me to pay directly which isn’t safe. And honestly I’d hope you know my purchase list by now I spend a lot with you guys, I just want my investments to be protected. 

I hope we can get to a place where they can withdraw quickly and I can avoid this request entirely. 

I second the part where you mention some developers can ask for a direct payment, I've seen that many times - and it's been suggested to me personally a couple. I always politely decline of course, but it's probably a good thing you mentioning this. Then again, customer choice is also a good thing too I suppose?

Edited by ChristopherS

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Markiii said:

Creators directing you to make purchases offsite is actually against our TOS, so please feel free to report them for doing so. Them receiving their money a couple of days earlier is no excuse to risk making such payments.

14 hours ago, Death said:

Creators directing you to make purchases offsite is actually against our TOS, so please feel free to report them for doing so. Them receiving their money a couple of days earlier is no excuse to risk making such payments.

seems kinda like a grey area tho so if i request a feature to be added to say a devs plugin an they say its kinda out scope of where they see the plugin but willing if willing to pay to have my own version hows that work?

or say i when i have plugin made its off site just seems kinda far reach to say we cant do deals out side of site in my opinion!

41 minutes ago, JeffG said:

seems kinda like a grey area tho so if i request a feature to be added to say a devs plugin an they say its kinda out scope of where they see the plugin but willing if willing to pay to have my own version hows that work?

or say i when i have plugin made its off site just seems kinda far reach to say we cant do deals out side of site in my opinion!

That's a commission, that's different in my opinion. I think paying for features isn't the same as a developer asking someone to pay them directly for the bog standard plugin available here. 

14 minutes ago, ChristopherS said:

That's a commission, that's different in my opinion. I think paying for features isn't the same as a developer asking someone to pay them directly for the bog standard plugin available here. 

i understand but again whats the diff if you will send money for commission why wouldnt you send money for plugin still seems like a grey area as i buy plugins all the time from other sites or shops an get perms here for them all the time!

• Administrator
5 hours ago, JeffG said:

i understand but again whats the diff if you will send money for commission why wouldnt you send money for plugin still seems like a grey area as i buy plugins all the time from other sites or shops an get perms here for them all the time!

This is completely different. A private commission vs. soliciting sales of a file that's on the platform off the platform to skirt fees, which is likely the true reason they're asking you to do it in the first place.

• Like 1

A way to block seeing items would bee nice 50 bucks for a generic prefab id love to block having to look at it every time i log in would be nice so i can get other things to see that i might buy!