About Rust Magic (Discord Bot)
A utility bot that helps with administrating your Rust servers without going in-game for the information - pure magic!
- Simple-setup config
- Supports BattleMetrics RCON and direct RCON to your server
- Seamlessly include all your servers from this single bot
- Smart pagination when the results are too large to display (e.g combatlog)
- Customisable combatlog output
- Colour config options to keep output in line with your brand
- Full Playing ... Discord status customisation
- View the combatlog of any steamID on any of your servers
- See who's in a player's team or clan directly from Discord
- Convert steam vanity URLs to Steam IDs and find their profile on BattleMetrics quickly
- Automatic name conversion so you always have a player's most recent Steam name
- Disable commands you don't need or want
- Restrict command usage to specific roles using their names or IDs
- Free-to-use emojis included to be used as templates or the real thing - they help keep things looking organised!
- Includes and integrates with Wxll's ClansRcon.cs plugin to provide additional features not usually available from console.
- Detailed logging
- NetworkID logging & searching
- Combatlog + NetworkID linking - no more unresolveable combatlogs.
- Adaptive and clear error handling - so you know what's gone wrong.
- Player notifications - see when a player you want to spectate comes on and offline
- Anti staff mention system - warns users not to tag your staff members!
- Rust Game ban checking - check if a SteamID has been game banned from Rust
- Chat Sync that works BOTH WAYS!
- And nearly all of the above is fully customisable through the simple configuration file.
- Custom commands to allow for restarting your server from Discord, muting from Discord, etc with a customisable syntax.
I am completely open to ideas, bug reports, suggestions, and other comments so please get in touch in Discord and mention you have some feedback for this product <3
Documentation / Installation / Issues / Extensions
As of RustMagic 1.5 (29/04/2021), contacting me on Discord is no longer the place to go for support, and coming here is not where you should come to see installation steps.
I have setup a Public Wiki as well as a fair few tutorials for everyone to use and view. Please see the appropriate links.
The 1.5 update is the largest overhaul of RustMagic ever done, and as such requires an entirely new configuration setup.
You will have to re-do your configs.
Additionally, Battlemetrics-Only Installations are no longer supported.
Please use a direct RCON connection, and if you have any problems with this on a trust level please see the debugging notice on the wiki.
The 1.6 update introduces recent changes to how distribution requirements are satisfied. There is no longer any need to manually drag a file from the Distributions/ directory into the root directory. Simply run the file run.py with Python and RustMagic will attempt to start.