Search Engine Improvements

Death

• Administrator

Improvements have been made to our search engine, which will now search both titles, descriptions, and tags to provide relative results based on the provided keywords. We also thought it would make more sense to display only files as default. This can be changed per user via the advanced search button or by clicking enter with your keywords.

We've also filtered out comments, reviews, and support posts from the results to cut back on the pollution many users have complained about. This, of course, can be changed as mentioned above. If your searches are still not relevant enough, please let us know to continue improving our algorithm!

• Like 7
  • Love 4

• Death pinned this topic

Maybe there is a better way to do this kind of search that I'm not aware about.

I would suggest to have a specific search category where it only searches on Plugin/Asset titles and description.
The closest thing I can find is "Files" but I still get a lot of non relevant hits coming from the "Discussions" tab.

• Like 1

• Administrator
6 hours ago, kasvoton said:

Maybe there is a better way to do this kind of search that I'm not aware about.

I would suggest to have a specific search category where it only searches on Plugin/Asset titles and description.
The closest thing I can find is "Files" but I still get a lot of non relevant hits coming from the "Discussions" tab.

Wrap your keyword in quotes "like this" to search for titles only.

• Love 1

• Death unpinned this topic