SKIROW

Tahuata is a tropical map based on Hawaii islands. The map is composed of one main island and 8 smaller islands. This map has an huge train system above ground with 751 track segments. There are lot tiny details, entering buildings, puzzles and more. The 2 harbors on the main island. 7 train lines connecting Dodge Town, Elworth, Geystones Island, Baker's Warehouses and Caldweld.  Read more: https://codefling.com/maps/tahuata

Tahuata.png.5b8c2a56f4bdbed22cc68ac43e3c3625.png.00737e2c246cb516648d8316f90012a3.png

Edited by SKIROW
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

It's scuppered a plan of mine anyway. I have a nice hires terrain map of the Hawaiian Islands that I no longer have to try build a rail network on. It's not quite clear from the map, where I assume the red lines are the rail network. Does the network for a loop, so that a train can start at one point and traverse the entire network in one direction?

Yes, the red lines are the rail network. Unfortunately I couldn't to make a loop with those tracks. Doesn't matter how hard I tried at the end they never matched. So I made connections between the main stations. Eg: If you take a train from Caldweld and you want to go to the Airfield, you can either ride a train from Caldweld to Dodge Town and from there take another train to the Airfield or take a train from Caldweld to Elworth and take another train to the Airfield. I personally prefer the second option. Better scenery 😉 

That's fine, I'll still be able to throw together a easy to manage automated workcart system. Now, I know you don't approve of modifications, but I have a few requirements in my rail system. I don't mind having to redo all the modifications if the map is updated and of of course if anything goes wrong, I shan't come cry to you over it, but if I purchase the map, I do get the editing password in the bargain, yes?

And just so you know, I won't be trying to steal your prefabs. If I wanted one I'd ask you if I could purchase it. If you said no, I'd shelve the idea. I just need to make sure lines terminate in the right way so my workcart system runs smoothly, and I'll likely want to replace the Outpost. (By the way, it's listed twice under FP monuments in the map listing.)

The main reason why I don't want anyone to modify my work is to prevent or at limit some people to steal my work. Also this map is the result of months of hard work. I  spent insane amount of hours working on small details that most people will never see or care of. I respect other people's work and it would never come in my mind to modify their creations.

Therefore, I don't think that you should buy my map. There are customable maps on Codefling. You should go with any of them.

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't think I will buy it, sorry. It's a shame, since the map is quite cool, and I think my players would enjoy it but the inability to add your server's own flavour to the map because the level designer thinks his "art" is so desirable someone who pays for the map will steal it. If someone is in the business of stealing and reselling prefabs, they're not even gonna buy it. They'll join a server it's on, crack the password and unbundle the prefabs, rip them out and sell them on a sketchy website anyway. 

At least if you let buyers edit it, then you might make some profit off honest server owners before that. If you let people edit it, you also increase the chances that someone who steals the map will steal a "tainted" version and if you can identify whose you could maybe even track down the thief.

In the end, it's your choice, but if you wonder why the other maps outsell yours by a large margin : This is it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Quick update! The map is now fully editable. No more password or locked prefabs. Add or remove stuff or nuke the map, now you can do anything you want on it! 🥳

Edited by SKIROW
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

• 5 months later...