Backup of the console log

Soller

A plugin is needed to create a copy of the console log file. This file disappears after each server restart. The data from the logs can help solve some problems, but they are constantly disappearing.
It will be ideal if the entire console log is saved in the sql database on a schedule or at specified intervals.

Especially for Krungh Crow:
There is no way to run programs that create copies of files on the game server. I don't have another server on which to run a program to copy files. I do not have the ability and desire to keep my computer turned on around the clock to create copies of files. And renting another server to create copies of a single file is stupid and wasteful. The task of completely saving console logs should be solved within the framework of a single game server.

• 2 weeks later...

image.png.7f24cf8cf8698cf84ec7c16823ed916c.png

We Log same way most Admin Software does and save to file to be reviewed later ... this is custom to our need s with a exclude line list to remove un needed logs ... but i can change as you feel you need 

14 hours ago, NooBlet said:

image.png.7f24cf8cf8698cf84ec7c16823ed916c.png

We Log same way most Admin Software does and save to file to be reviewed later ... this is custom to our need s with a exclude line list to remove un needed logs ... but i can change as you feel you need 

I don't see such a plugin anywhere. It is unclear exactly what and how it saves, and where it is.

• 4 weeks later...

Actually, you can add "-logfile logs/$(date +%Y-%m-%d.%H-%M-%S).log" parameter to your server command line (if you have access to do so) and save your console to a new file every time you start/restart the server. Then, unless you delete these log files, they'll stay forever. By the way, I have never had to use this in general because I use RustAdmin for most of my chat/console logs. I only had to look at these saved logs a few times when my server was crashing/freezing, and it is useful to see the raw server logs before it happens (sadly, I can't show the reason for these randomly freezes, but still useful)

5 hours ago, Flammable said:

Actually, you can add "-logfile logs/$(date +%Y-%m-%d.%H-%M-%S).log" parameter to your server command line (if you have access to do so) and save your console to a new file every time you start/restart the server. Then, unless you delete these log files, they'll stay forever. By the way, I have never had to use this in general because I use RustAdmin for most of my chat/console logs. I only had to look at these saved logs a few times when my server was crashing/freezing, and it is useful to see the raw server logs before it happens (sadly, I can't show the reason for these randomly freezes, but still useful)

I know about these parameters, there is no access to the startup script. The server is controlled by the hosting control panel. Therefore, I ask to create a plugin that replaces this function.

14 hours ago, NooBlet said:

so if this is not sorted yet . do you want a test or should i upload a version to CF

I will never install on my server something that is not posted on a resource without support.

It will be the best solution if the badly restricted host you're using can add this argument to the command line upon your ticket request. Or subscribe to RustAdminOnline and use their 24/7 console logs feature.

• 3 weeks later...