Introducing Carbon - A high performance mod framework

Death

• Administrator
Just now, TomHud said:

death u missing my point totally

I do not want to use Carbon - i want to continue using Oxide - Will i still be able to use the plugins that i have purchased from this site or will DRM be added to them which in turn means i cant use them as they need carbon ?

No, we will not allow Carbon DRM to be implemented into Oxide plugins. Though bear in mind oxide has plans for its own DRM.

7 minutes ago, Death said:

No, we will not allow Carbon DRM to be implemented into Oxide plugins. Though bear in mind oxide has plans for its own DRM.

i think we on different pages here - i just want to know where i stand with the plugins i have purchased from here if i dont want to install Carbon.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, TomHud said:

i think we on different pages here - i just want to know where i stand with the plugins i have purchased from here if i dont want to install Carbon.

I've already answered that 😛

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, TomHud said:

so if we dont update to carbon we lose our plugins - correct

45 minutes ago, Death said:

No, we will not allow Carbon DRM to be implemented into Oxide plugins.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This looks nice! I guess we will have to uninstall oxide before using Carbon? 

Also, to migrate from Oxide to Carbon, I will only have to move the files from the oxide data/plugin/conf folders to carbon data/plugin/conf folder? What about Oxide premissions? 

• Administrator
5 hours ago, JulianB said:

This looks nice! I guess we will have to uninstall oxide before using Carbon? 

Also, to migrate from Oxide to Carbon, I will only have to move the files from the oxide data/plugin/conf folders to carbon data/plugin/conf folder? What about Oxide permissions? 

Yes, you will need to uninstall Oxide. To do that, delete all of the oxide.dll's from the managed folder and run validate to overwrite the assembly.dll. You can copy and paste all of your oxide folders and files into Carbon as we've opted to use the same name convention to ensure a seamless switch. The only thing you need to rename is config folder to configs.

If you need additional assistance be sure to reach out to us on Discord! discord.gg/carbonmod

• Love 1