User randomly dies while offline

GamingHQ

Question

I'm not sure if i should place my call here or elsewhere, but i'm here with a really weird issue that happened recently.

One of my user dies inside his own base by suicide. However, this user was offline for the past two hours. 

i have checked any possible cause of him being death inside his base, but without any success. Is there anything i should be aware of? Or does someone else have similar experiences on their servers a.t.m ? 

i have checked if there was a event being spawned nearby. This was not the case. 

5 answers to this question

I've had a player also report this previously, I think we determined that they had built to close to a monument, possibly Outpost or Bandit camp (can't quite remember the details as it was some time ago)

• Administrator

This could be related to a teleport plugin not properly disposing of the monument kill timer. If a player teleports from a monument and logs out, the game will think they're still at a monument and kill them after the specified time. Solution would be to identify these plugins and ask the author to add:

player.CancelInvoke(new Action(player.ScheduledDeath));

in their teleport method or simply just prevent players from teleporting from a monument.

hi there.

i'm afraid the user has not used any teleport command. The thing is, it only happens with two users. Besides those two, noone else has this issue. On the rcon console, its defined as a suicide kill. No error nothing, so its a bit grabbing in the deep on this 😛

They build-ed close to Excavator. There is also a Armored Train Event driving in this area. It seems that for some reason, it kills innocent players as it thinks that the user is laying on the rails or something xd. We tried to let them build a bit further away, and this resolved the problem of being killed. Sharing my findings with plugin owner. 

#case closed

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Russ said:

I've had a player also report this previously, I think we determined that they had built to close to a monument, possibly Outpost or Bandit camp (can't quite remember the details as it was some time ago)

Ah yeah I do recall the trigger for player inside monument is larger than the no build zone for some monuments.