Fishing Competition

Flammable

Rust is a hard PvP game where you fight/raid/build most of the time especially on a 200+ pop servers and you do not have time or reason to use this "Roleplaying sh*t that Facepunch adds over time". But for small server this "sh*t" can be great addition to the main game to waste some time with other players. We recently got fishing in the game and I think would be brilliant idea to have plugin like Russian Fishing 4 or Fishing Planet games - "competition events".

Ex. 1. Simple vanilla leaderboard like Halloween candy or Easter eggs hunting ones.
2. Global notification somewhere for starting the competition so you can prepare.
3. You have time configured for event duration and while event active if you catch fish you earn points (specified in the config for every fish type.
4. After competition ends you get rewards (scrap or other items) for the top 3 players in the leaderboard like Easter rewards.
5. Event this can be triggered from admin or auto start stop event at specific time intervals. Also players get teleported somewhere with specific kit for the competition or they bring their own equipment and have to find water source form where they will participate?
I am throwing only the base idea that I have in my head for side activity that can be used in normal survival server ( not complex minigame gamemode) so being simple and vanilla style looking is a bonus.

I hope more owners will like this idea : > )

Edited by Flammable
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Flammable said:

Rust is a hard PvP game where you fight/raid/build most of the time especially on a 200+ pop servers and you do not have time or reason to use this "Roleplaying sh*t that Facepunch adds over time". But for small server this "sh*t" can be great addition to the main game to waste some time with other players. We recently got fishing in the game and I think would be brilliant idea to have plugin like Russian Fishing 4 or Fishing Planet games - "competition events".

Ex. 1. Simple vanilla leaderboard like Halloween candy or Easter eggs hunting ones.
2. Global notification somewhere for starting the competition so you can prepare.
3. You have time configured for event duration and while event active if you catch fish you earn points (specified in the config for every fish type.
4. After competition ends you get rewards (scrap or other items) for the top 3 players in the leaderboard like Easter rewards.
5. Event this can be triggered from admin or auto start stop event at specific time intervals. Also players get teleported somewhere with specific kit for the competition or they bring their own equipment and have to find water source form where they will participate?
I am throwing only the base idea that I have in my head for side activity that can be used in normal survival server ( not complex minigame gamemode) so being simple and vanilla style looking is a bonus.

I hope more owners will like this idea : > )

I like this idea, looking forward some implementation may in the upcoming days.
Until that check my profile, there are some challenge based plugin already. One of them will be updated with the fishing if possible to add it anyway 🙂

Great... I know there are player challenges and other type of plugins like this, just do not need to much extra stuff at least for my server but I guess if its added in one of this plugins will disable the other functionalities except the fishing. Have friends/players that like to fish and in the way you compete for the moment (event), (5min or 10minutes), and have to catch more good fish for pointst to end first