How can we suck less?

Death

• Administrator

We're always trying to make Codefling suck a little less, but we need your help. If you've got just one thing you’d like changed, added, or removed to make your experience here better, we want to hear it!

Leave your idea in reply to this post, and we’ll pick 10 lucky responses at random to win a $20 gift card! If your suggestion gets implemented, you'll also snag a $50 gift card, whether or not you were one of the random winners.

Now, if you're just here to roast us, fair enough—we probably deserve it. We’re ready for the good, the bad, and the brutally honest. Let’s hear it!

• Like 4
  • Love 3

like we talked about in discord a ? mark bubble by search telling the standard's to search so they know quotes an such will help an how the system works.

Edited by 6Andromeda9
  • Like 3

Hey Codefling team,

First off, I appreciate the effort you put into improving the platform. One thing I'd really like to see is better script documentation for both new and experienced developers. Having more in-depth, clear documentation for the scripts/plugins would reduce a lot of the guesswork and make development faster. Maybe adding more code examples, common use cases, and even video tutorials could help a ton.

Keep up the great work, and thanks for being open to feedback!

Edited by IceEagel132
  • Like 1

The search feature. Please add Plugins and Maps to the dropdown box, or make the results order in relevance to name.

Just searched the word "Skin" and the top results were: Virtual Quarries, Raidable Bases, Stack Everything and THEN Building Skins (which should of been top along with XSkinMenu, Skinner Etc

Edited by Wizla
  • Like 7

Improve the search.

Plugins that you are looking for are actually only found in the suggestions. Filters don't work so well and when you search for a pkugin you end up with results from the entire page (including comments, etc.)

at least it was like that the last time I was looking for something ^^

• Like 1

Stop filtering reviews to the point that the user ends up writting what the moderator wants. (You may repeat over and over again that you dont do that but in the eyes of the costumer, thats exactly what you do) and if i choose not to enable push notifications once, i dont need to reject that option every time i enter the site. It would be great if the site remembers my choice. Thank you

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Emigo said:

Stop filtering reviews to the point that the user ends up writting what the moderator wants. (You may repeat over and over again that you dont do that but in the eyes of the costumer, thats exactly what you do) and if i choose not to enable push notifications once, i dont need to reject that option every time i enter the site. It would be great if the site remembers my choice. Thank you

Are you clearing cookies? Because it does in fact remember your choice 😛

• Like 1

Optimize the search feature for regular people instead of nerds. If someone types in the name of a plugin, the plugin should be the search first result. Regular people don't care about wrangling a search engine by sprinkling double quotes around it or whatever, they just don't.

Edited by HunterZ
  • Like 1

#1. Highlight all message notifications related to plugin authors a different color than white so they can easily stand vs purchased plugin's updates or discussion updates.

image.png.65e97121e2549756f83a0d30f81185e3.png

Like the Purchased files, comments on plugins you made and support should all be like purple or red?

#2. When you type something in search a drop down appears that's very accurate but when you actually do a search it shows random things 100% unrelated. i always wonder why it did this? like type in the name horse and search you will not see my plugin. but you will in the drop-down.

P.S. I love the new Updated/Up to date in downloads 🙂

Edited by Chill Roleplay
  • Like 1

• Administrator

@Chill Roleplay To clarify, should notifications intended for creators be in a different color? For example, when someone purchases your file or does anything on your file that would trigger a notification,

I'd like to suggest organizing the free plugins, maps, tools, and prefabs into their own separate categories. This way, each type of resource will be easier to locate, making navigation more straightforward and ensuring users can quickly find what they need.

• Like 2

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, R3boot said:

I'd like to suggest organizing the free plugins, maps, tools, and prefabs into their own separate categories. This way, each type of resource will be easier to locate, making navigation more straightforward and ensuring users can quickly find what they need.

We do have this already, though it could be more visible.

image.png

I have been with codefling for a long time and I never seen it before maybe make it a little bit easier to see. Thanks for everything and keep up the good job. 

• Like 1

• Administrator
Just now, R3boot said:

I have been with codefling for a long time and I never seen it before maybe make it a little bit easier to see. Thanks for everything and keep up the good job. 

I'll put that down as your feedback then. Make the options more visible 😛

• Love 1

I appreciate you all having the purchased plugins listed in order of latest update with date, that was well needed. I do notice however when I checked at 11pm for updates one night, downloaded and updated my server, the update emails  did not come until much late the next day. I was thinking, these new update emails, since it was several hours later this is a new update, and they were the last ones I just checked at 11pm the prior day. I have also a few times received an email about a plugin being updated and log in and it is still dated months ago, no update, same file downloads. I don't know if that is on your end or the plugin creator.

Thanks!

• Like 2

I suggest the followings:

1. More markdown options (colored text, expandable file viewer, buttons[?])
  2. Groups: where people can share their works for a bigger project, vote on works to be implemented, track their own progress and roadmap
  3. Option to trade products: two members could trade their products from their uploads safely, scam-free
  4. Place a note on your own profile page (like on your products) to notify visitors.
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Emigo said:

Agreed, censorship to that extent makes it pointless to submit a review, or take them seriously.

• Like 3

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Locnar said:

I appreciate you all having the purchased plugins listed in order of latest update with date, that was well needed. I do notice however when I checked at 11pm for updates one night, downloaded and updated my server, the update emails  did not come until much late the next day. I was thinking, these new update emails, since it was several hours later this is a new update, and they were the last ones I just checked at 11pm the prior day. I have also a few times received an email about a plugin being updated and log in and it is still dated months ago, no update, same file downloads. I don't know if that is on your end or the plugin creator.

Thanks!

I'm not sure about this one. We do not send emails out in batches. What email provider do you use?

1 minute ago, Disguise said:

I suggest the followings:

1. More markdown options (colored text, expandable file viewer, buttons[?])
  2. Groups: where people can share their works for a bigger project, vote on works to be implemented, track their own progress and roadmap
  3. Option to trade products: two members could trade their products from their uploads safely, scam-free
  4. Place a note on your own profile page (like on your products) to notify visitors.

+1: A tutorial option for new members on how to use the site.

• Like 1

I'd love the ability to search for words in discussions. 

There's some plugins that have 20+ pages under the discussion tab, and I sometimes need to find either someone asking a question or giving an answer to the problem. Being able to search for a word would really help me not ask the community duplicate questions, and if the answer is already there I wouldn't need to ask the question.

Edited by ChristopherS
  • Like 3