"CONFLICT"; Do Not Work Well Together. "Chest Stacks" and Train Homes"

TheEye

Question

There are 2 plugins that are from your Site. These 2 are by different developers. One is Chest Stacks and the other is Train Homes. These 2 do not work together.

Placing them inside/on the Flat Car. Stacked to 3 high. The Chests go in fine and look Great! But! As soon as you hop in the Engine and start to drive away. The Top 2 Rows are left behind. Floating up in the Air!

Is it Possible for these 2 Developers to get together and Resolve this Issue? Example: ( Still can't place a Recycler or a Large Furnace Or Refinery on a Tugboat ) Even though I have Mods I PAID for to allow my Players to have that capability. This would be Fantastic addition to the Train Cars. Not that I have any interest of placing a large furnace or refinery in there anyways. It would stick out the bottom anyways. And the Monument Recycler  I also have. Is NO good on my CargoShip because I was told it is Classified as a "Monument" It caused the entire ship to go Nowhere. It just sat there. So if they could work together. I bet they could find a really Cool Fix!

5 answers to this question

• Administrator

I wouldn't call this a conflict, as Chest Stacks does not intend for your storage containers to be moving. While either plugin could fix this, I wouldn't approach it as a bug but instead as a feature request to have these plugins be compatible.

I'll tag the authors to see if they want to achieve such compatibility. @supreme @jtedal

I run both. It's not a massive conflict, but the boxes are forced into a position above the bottom box, and have stability off, so they'd stay behind. Fixing this would involve a way for chest stacks to parent the boxes to the train car. I haven't encountered this issue if the players add the boxes while the cart is still in the building station. I only see it when the boxes are added afterward.

14 hours ago, Death said:

I wouldn't call this a conflict, as Chest Stacks does not intend for your storage containers to be moving. While either plugin could fix this, I wouldn't approach it as a bug but instead as a feature request to have these plugins be compatible.

I'll tag the authors to see if they want to achieve such compatibility. @supreme @jtedal

Thank you. Wasn't sure how to list it. Sorry guys! Thanks for looking at it.

8 hours ago, The Friendly Chap said:

I run both. It's not a massive conflict, but the boxes are forced into a position above the bottom box, and have stability off, so they'd stay behind. Fixing this would involve a way for chest stacks to parent the boxes to the train car. I haven't encountered this issue if the players add the boxes while the cart is still in the building station. I only see it when the boxes are added afterward.

Thanks for your info also! Barrels are the same if you have bought that plugin also. Just a heads up!

TBH, I went with the other option instead of buying a whole series of plugins. And gave up on Train Homes. It's a great plugin, but after the ARmored TRain ploughed the second base on wheels, I gave up. Unless I build a totally separate railway system for the players, I can't run both. Also my players built so many wagons they went over the population limit and cars started to vanish on restarts. Not the buildings, mind. Just the cars, and you'd have buildings floating in nowhere.