Shareable Public Excavators/Quarry/Pumpjacks

Waylvin

Have seen a plugin running on another server that made the giant excavator, quarries and pumpjacks usable by all players individually,  when a player access these entities it would only show their loot and not other players..  is this a plugib thats already available,  or can someone make me something similar? Willing to pay.. thanks!

Plugin has been developed- thread is no longer needed.

Edited by Waylvin

• Waylvin changed the title to Shareable Public Excavators/Quarry/Pumpjacks
  • Administrator

200.gif?cid=cd79e436p53u5cj5o1a0g9p0n4n6

On 1/26/2024 at 2:34 PM, Waylvin said:

Have seen a plugin running on another server that made the giant excavator, quarries and pumpjacks usable by all players individually,  when a player access these entities it would only show their loot and not other players..  is this a plugib thats already available,  or can someone make me something similar? Willing to pay.. thanks!

That's an idea from a server that's owned by the creator of Codefling (called RustEZ), of which I coded myself for. Seeing people stealing ideas with this much ease is disappointing.

• Love 1

I hate as you feel that it is stealing- (I did not see a rule about requesting similar plugins- if i overstepped-i do apologize)
i just want to make things that are public shareable with everyone, instead of having them constantly fight/steal from them. as this is a current problem we are having.

Only makes sense to have them shareable for PvE-
the idea is perfect for any PvE concept type server, and avoids most-if not all forms of drama when it comes to using these types of entities.

which i'm sure you know this, which is why it was designed- so why keep it proprietary?
any developer that agrees/agreed to make the plugin would be urged to make the plugin saleable- as it solves an actual problem with PvE Servers that isnt being address properly.

I would be happy to buy your plugin if you are just willing to sell it- instead of having to get someone to develop something similar.
i'm sure a lot of us will.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Waylvin said:

I hate as you feel that it is stealing- (I did not see a rule about requesting similar plugins- if i overstepped-i do apologize)
i just want to make things that are public shareable with everyone, instead of having them constantly fight/steal from them. as this is a current problem we are having.

Only makes sense to have them shareable for PvE-
the idea is perfect for any PvE concept type server, and avoids most-if not all forms of drama when it comes to using these types of entities.

which i'm sure you know this, which is why it was designed- so why keep it proprietary?
any developer that agrees/agreed to make the plugin would be urged to make the plugin saleable- as it solves an actual problem with PvE Servers that isnt being address properly.

I would be happy to buy your plugin if you are just willing to sell it- instead of having to get someone to develop something similar.
i'm sure a lot of us will.

Server owners oftentimes pay private developer work for them to make unique plugins to help their servers stand out and implement specific ideas that would most likely never done before, or extremely rare; hence it's not just available on the market. While it's a loop-hole, the concept of something being unavailable for the general public as it was created by an owner's own resources, would be cool for it to be publicly but that doesn't take away from the fact that the idea was brought up privately, paid for privately, then you have other server owners joining other peoples' servers, and getting ideas to take away.

Since I can directly speak here, as I made that plugin, no, I do not feel the urge to release it to the public. 

Edited by Raul-Sorin Sorban

I understand your opinion,  we have no way of knowing a plugin is private until we ask around. 

Some plugins are hard to find-  free/Paid/or private.  So we have to ask sometimes around if we can't find something. 

I have not set sail to joining random servers to pinch their ideas.

I tried about all the zombie servers before making my own version,

I enjoy the share concept on the public entities, just like I enjoy the zombies that I ended up paying for (or paying for something similar.) While the goal isn't to directly take from a server, we did pretty much smash a lot of the better ideas together and dropped a lot of ideas we didnt care for while actually playing these servers at the time as regular players/consumers, something always felt missing or the replayability was very low)

I'm not out here trying to steal- I haven't touched any other servers since November.  (So I'm sorry you feel this way)

Given that the pulgin is owned/made private by the owner of codefling-

we will have some respect and not be making the plugin public simply for this reason, as we appreciate the work you all do.

But I will be getting someone to dev it privately- the idea is rather simple overall, so I'm sorry if you do feel as you have some form of claim over the idea, given its just a public entity made shareable- the concept of having instances  has been in many games.

Thanks for the reply and feedback- 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Waylvin said:

But I will be getting someone to dev it privately- the idea is rather simple overall, so I'm sorry if you do feel as you have some form of claim over the idea, given its just a public entity made shareable- the concept of having instances  has been in many games.

The idea is not simple. Otherwise you would have came up with it on your own, and not reference it on a server you played on. Not only is the concept not simple but coding it is not simple and it took quite a bit of planning to get to work within reasonable performance parameters.

While it's not against the rules to request already existing plugins let's not pretend like this is anything but taking ideas. You knew this wasn't a public plugin because you're here asking for it to be made. 😛

Also forgive our brashness on the subject as myself and Raul put quite a bit of time bringing these ideas to life and hate seeing someone browse our work trying to take it for themselves. We put thousands of hours into developing unique features on our servers and hate seeing others use it as a shopping list.

PS: This is not coming from an administrative angle, as you've not done anything technically against the rules. We're only here because our servers were mentioned. We're simply here as fellow server owners.

• Like 1

I am sorry you all feel the way as you do- hopefully there is no hard feelings down the road.

i will urge the plugin dev to keep it private once it's made- depending on the agreement/etc- it might become public/out of my hands- (which is why i urged you to sell it first)

while i understand your choice not to share- we here wish you all continued success and are sorry for stepping on your toes-

with all the fighting and not wanting to settle on current plugins to resolve it-
we are going to get sharable entities developed-
sometimes plugins are hard to find-

again, wasnt sure if the plugin was or was not made by that specific server-
given most servers do use the same plugins-

call me a thief or say I'm stealing if you must-
given most of ideas are either for sale, or used by multiple servers-
(shout out to the guys at ZombZ- they have been more than helpful- never once been mad of called of a thief simply for reusing ideas they had/used.)

we have no way of checking every single plugins/servers or where it came from as there is so many developers apart from codefling that we already use. (as much as no one wants to hear it.) ..

no one is trying to steal your plugin- we simply just want to share an object with more than one person- the idea is simple/just because you made the plugin first and gate kept the idea dosent give you much of a reason to call it thief-
now-

if the plugin was its on thing- an event/an actual idea/ or anything more than a shared item/object- then i'd agree i'm a thief or stealing- given its not and no more than a shared object ill agree to disagree on the subject.. hopefully no hard feelings from you guys- as we are simply just trying to make the overall PVE aspect of our servers better- no need to fight over public objects on a pve server.

you can close the thread- or keep replying/leave it open- either way.
as i have already reached out to devs/ and have a dev reach out to make it-

and no one here is going to make it while i get bombarded by the owners of the platform surely-

we will see what they come up here in the next few days- much thanks- and again-sorry you feel as if i'm stepping on your toes as that wasn't the goal.

Edited by Waylvin