Line Up Sleepers with bed / sleeping bag / towel

The Friendly Chap

Silly Plugin Idea: Feel Free to run with it. I think it would be a cute touch on RP servers.

When a player logs out, the plugin needs to check if they are within 5m of a bed, and if so, move them to on top of the bed and rotate them so their head is on the pillow, neatly on the bed, no sprawled diagonally across it?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Introducing BeddyBye, the ultimate Rust plugin designed to enhance the realism and comfort of your server's gameplay. This innovative plugin ensures that when players log out within the vicinity of their trusted beds, they are not just left standing in the cold. Instead, BeddyBye lovingly tucks them into their bed, positioning them neatly on top, head resting softly on the pillow, ready for a peaceful slumber until their next adventurous login. @The Friendly Chap

Key Features

• Automatic Bed Detection: Upon player logout, BeddyBye scans for the closest bed within a 5-meter radius, ensuring that only accessible and personal sleeping areas are considered for this cozy feature.
  • Neat Placement: Players are not just randomly placed on the bed; they are carefully positioned to lie on top of the bed, with their heads on the pillow, mimicking a natural sleeping posture. This feature adds an extra layer of immersion and realism to the game.
  • Permission-Based Use: The plugin comes with a permission system (beddybye.use), allowing server administrators to control who has access to this comforting feature. This ensures that only players deemed worthy can enjoy the luxury of being tucked into bed.
  • Seamless Integration: Designed to work effortlessly with existing sleeping bags and beds in Rust, BeddyBye does not disrupt the gameplay or the balance of the game. It simply adds a layer of comfort and realism for players who value immersion.
  • Customizable Settings: While the default setting considers beds within a 5-meter radius, server admins have the flexibility to adjust this range, tailoring the plugin's sensitivity to the unique layout and design of their server.

Advantages for Server Owners

• Enhanced Player Experience: Offer your players something unique and thoughtful, enhancing their attachment and loyalty to your server.
  • Increased Immersion: With players neatly tucked into their beds upon logout, the server retains its immersive and realistic feel, even in the absence of active players.
  • Admin Control: The permission-based feature ensures that you maintain control over who can benefit from this plugin, allowing for a balanced and fair implementation.

How It Works

Upon a player's disconnection, BeddyBye instantly springs into action, scanning the surroundings for a nearby bed. If a suitable resting place is found within the specified range, the player's character is teleported to the bed, positioned neatly for a good night's rest. This action is logged, ensuring transparency and allowing for server admin review.

In summary, BeddyBye is not just a plugin; it's a statement of care and attention to detail, enhancing the nighttime experience of Rust players and giving them one more reason to call your server home. Whether for the sake of immersion, realism, or just a bit of fun, BeddyBye is your go-to plugin for ensuring every player logs out feeling a little more valued and a lot more comfortable.

• Love 1

• Administrator
4 hours ago, The Friendly Chap said:

Is this real? Waiting for approval?

I do not see anything from the author in the queue. It's likely a plugin pitch?

I think I fixed the rotation issue. Teleport doesn't alter facing direction, but it does skip intervening space, so I kept the teleport and then move the player's rotation to match the bed. 
It still needs some fine-tuning, so the player lies quite straight on the bed, but this is workable. Can't wait to see the full version. I didn't think players would notice it, but they notice it, and refer to the phenomenon as "Being tucked in by Chap.", which is pretty cool. 

@cengizhanbucak

BeddyBye.cs

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Friendly Chap said:

I think I fixed the rotation issue. Teleport doesn't alter facing direction, but it does skip intervening space, so I kept the teleport and then move the player's rotation to match the bed. 
It still needs some fine-tuning, so the player lies quite straight on the bed, but this is workable. Can't wait to see the full version. I didn't think players would notice it, but they notice it, and refer to the phenomenon as "Being tucked in by Chap.", which is pretty cool. 

@cengizhanbucak

BeddyBye.cs 2.81 kB · 0 downloads

Pretty cool, I will try it shortly. I will let you know if I can revise it as a code edit.