Is there a solution to this Kinematic body only supports Speculative Continuous collision detection please?

MrLiquid

Question

suffering the same fate LOG FILE FULL OF THIS - it does repeats this continuously filling my logs, has to be something serious otherwise why would it tell you there is a problem..?

Kinematic body only supports Speculative Continuous collision detection

(Filename: Line: 1728)

(Filename: Line: 747)

19 answers to this question

I received a reply from @WhiteThunder on Umod stating the following; 

<snip>"Historically this happens most often when a plugin changes an entity's RigidBody to kinematic. This can be mitigated if the plugin correctly changes the collision detection mode first.

You can search the code of all your plugins for "isKinematic" to narrow down which ones might cause it, then experiment with the features of those plugins to see if you can trigger this to appear, as that will indicate that particular plugin was likely the cause."</snip>

I then searched all my plugins for "isKinematic" and came up with a list

Armored Train (by Adem) plugin
Convoy (by Adem) plugin
JetEvent (by Razor) plugin
SkinBox(k1lly0u from chaoscode) plugin
Sputnik (by Adem) plugin
XDQuest (by DezLife) plugin
ZoneManager (by k1lly0u) plugin

I will now copy each line which contains 'isKinematic' for each plugin below;

Armored Train (by Adem) plugin

Line 2268 if (rigidbody != null) rigidbody.isKinematic = true;

Convoy (by Adem) plugin 

Line 1427 rigidbody.isKinematic = false;
Line 1475 rigidbody.isKinematic = false;
Line 1771 rigidbody.isKinematic = false;
Line 2034 rigidbody.isKinematic = true;
Line 2097 rigidbody.isKinematic = false;
Line 2105 rigidbody.isKinematic = true;

JetEvent (by Razor) plugin

Line 1227 entity2.GetComponent<Rigidbody>().isKinematic = true;
Line 1359 entity2.GetComponent<Rigidbody>().isKinematic = true;
Line 3259 rigidbody.isKinematic = false;
Line 3275 rigidbody.isKinematic = true;

SkinBox(k1lly0u from chaoscode) plugin

Line 1494 if (newEntity.TryGetComponent<Rigidbody>(out rigidbody) && !rigidbody.isKinematic && rigidbody.useGravity)

Sputnik (by Adem) plugin

Line 1809 if (rigidbody != null) rigidbody.isKinematic = true;

XDQuest (by DezLife) plugin

Line 884 rigidbody.isKinematic = true;

ZoneManager (by k1lly0u) plugin

Line 1331 rigidbody.isKinematic = true;

Something is causing the errors listed below, I am hoping someone can help find a solution with the information I am obtained thus far. 

(Filename: Line: 1728)

(Filename: Line: 747)

*look up and pray*

Not sure if it would actually help, but presuming the plugins remove ALL of their bits after unloading, you unloading each plugin individually may help you find the plugin responsible. Then its at least narrowed down to a plugin, then after you can try and check where in particular. It also may be 2 separate plugins doing it as well, one causing 1 each.

6 hours ago, ViolationHander.exe said:

Not sure if it would actually help, but presuming the plugins remove ALL of their bits after unloading, you unloading each plugin individually may help you find the plugin responsible. Then its at least narrowed down to a plugin, then after you can try and check where in particular. It also may be 2 separate plugins doing it as well, one causing 1 each.

Hopefully with a little cooperation from developers and alike and some checks placed in code we can find a solution. 🙂

I may have found the problem, I ran all the offending plugins on a test server one by one and all sorts of variations of interactions until I came across this

All other "Kinematic" plugins were unloaded.

Unloaded plugin ArmoredTrain v1.3.5 by Adem 
(Filename: ./Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

Loaded plugin ArmoredTrain v1.3.5 by Adem 

(Filename:  Line: 747)

(Filename:  Line: 1728)

[ArmoredTrain] | Luffy Rust Express | Event activated 

• Administrator
On 7/7/2023 at 5:28 PM, MrLiquid said:

@Death    @Adem

Are we any closer to a patch for this please? I am seeing a growing number of people with the same issues looking for a solution within the RAA and Codefling support community.

I do not sorry. It's not something I've looked into.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, MrLiquid said:

can we please get some traction on a fix though, its an ongoing nasty issue. ALL these awesome developers and programmers ...

I doubt anyone considers it serious enough to invest much time into it.

• Administrator

It fill server logs, any error in code in a PAID plugin that affects the performance of a server surely is worthy of their time? as its worthy enough to collect money for it?

I've got server logging disabled mostly. I only enable it when I'm troubleshooting personally. The error is harmless and I can't imagine it's filling your logs too much.

@Death while I appreciate what you are saying, your a dev.. I am sure you can quite easily fix it yourself. I am not and prefer not to run buggy code. I am sorry if that seems trivial to you but rust has enough bugs and problems without plugins behaving badly.

• Administrator

Perhaps @Adem or @Razor can shed some light on the log issue. To clarify, though, this message is a warning rather than an error. I'm not entirely sure if it can be suppressed completely.

Its a warning because something is not right, That's what I've been saying all along sir, The car engine warning light comes on as a warning when something is not right, unless it is attended too.. something more drastic can happen.

the only suppression Id prefer is the code behave and be adjusted to not throw these kind of errors.

I am sure code can be added to help trace down the problem code.. debugging code.. as mentioned by WhiteThunder

Edited by MrLiquid

Its a warning because something is not right, That's what I've been saying all along sir, The car engine warning light comes on as a warning when something is not right, unless it is attended too.. something more drastic can happen.

the only suppression Id prefer is the code behave and be adjusted to not throw these kind of errors.

I am sure code can be added to help trace down the problem code.. debugging code.. as mentioned by WhiteThunder

What you're referring to would be a CEL (Check Engine Light) which does indicate an error, not a warning... In that event then yes, there is something wrong that needs attended to.

What Death is referring to, in the case of it being a warning rather than an error, would be more like the log that your ECU (Engine Control Unit) of your car keeps to monitor system functions regardless of malfunction or normal operation. I.E.: "Your modified exhaust is not supported by the stock ECU configuration but still functions fine and within spec: let's keep a log of that just in case someone is curious."

What you have to understand is you are modifying the game from it's original intended function, with that is the inherent risk that the game itself is going to give you warnings that it would prefer things a certain way; not that the warning is necessarily breaking anything or affecting performance. 

You said yourself that you are not a developer, in that case if I were in your shoes I would probably just listen to what the developers are saying and disregard the warning. I believe there are even ways to turn off verbose warnings if you don't want to see nonessential warnings such as this.

Edited by Rainey

On 7/9/2023 at 6:25 PM, Death said:

Perhaps @Adem or @Razor can shed some light on the log issue. To clarify, though, this message is a warning rather than an error. I'm not entirely sure if it can be suppressed completely.

Its more of a warning then an error but only way it can be solved if the dev sets the RB detection to what is supported.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1