Server keeps freezing - Out of options

GamingHQ

Question

Morning.

For the past 48H, I'm attempting to resolve an extremely rare situation where my server just randomly freezes from nowhere. Since the latest hotfix from FacePunch, my server keeps freezing from time to time, without showing an error or anything. It just stops. All users can still interact if they would be ingame, but they cannot perform anything besides walking and shooting or attempting to interact with collectables. 

I have double-checked all plugins ( 71 plugins ) if they were on the latest version or not.

Double reinstalled the server

Tested on a test server, same results.

There is 1 plugin that messes up the whole server, yet no one knows what plugin could be the cause of it. I have read that this could also be related to a corrupted file on umod, but I'm saving a map wipe as the last solution. 

If there is anyone that could lead me in a direction, it would mean a lot to me.

Thanks in advance.

8 answers to this question

• Administrator

It may be the AI stall bug. Set ai.think false for a bit to rule it out. Be sure to add it your server.cfg so it persists through restarts. 

• Like 1

ono, The AI is busy again? may I ask, do you have any source depending on this problem? While the server is booting up to see how everything goes, I would like to read a bit about it so I can properly explain to my members what's going on. 

thanks in advance! Ill keep you posted on the process.

19 hours ago, Death said:

It may be the AI stall bug. Set ai.think false for a bit to rule it out. Be sure to add it your server.cfg so it persists through restarts. 

It looks indeed that this is the case. What will be the options to get this resolved? Fresh wipe? 

On 6/5/2023 at 12:43 PM, Death said:

hello?

On 6/5/2023 at 12:43 PM, Death said:

What is this for a joke? I'm in need of support, but an admin refuses to help. 🧐

• Administrator

Sorry, I was away on vacation. There are quite a few things you need to consider doing to ease the symptoms of the bug. But it will always be an issue until Facepunch fixes it.

1. Disable junkpile scientists
  2. Disable AI Dormancy
  3. Lower animal populations

16 hours ago, Death said:

Sorry, I was away on vacation. There are quite a few things you need to consider doing to ease the symptoms of the bug. But it will always be an issue until Facepunch fixes it.

1. Disable junkpile scientists
  2. Disable AI Dormancy
  3. Lower animal populations

It turns out we had chickens on the loose. Since the last patch, a chicken keeps being spawned -500 underground. After disabling the chickens, everything was fixed.

More users seem to have similar problems with their servers.