Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Raidable bases not fully despawning

Can't Reproduce 2.0.2



hi. an invoke is sent to the server to kill every entity when it despawns and only another plugin can interrupt this

Share this comment


Link to comment

This didn't happen on the old version that was free.  This only started happening when I updated to 2.0.2 with the tier 3 addon package.  

Share this comment


Link to comment
6 hours ago, KingSizeKevin said:

This didn't happen on the old version that was free.  This only started happening when I updated to 2.0.2 with the tier 3 addon package.  

The code is identical in both versions

5 hours ago, KingSizeKevin said:

Here is a list of my plugins.  I don't believe any of them would interfere with entities not despawning.  

https://pastebin.com/9JTaG5Y7

I'll see what I can do

Edited by nivex

Share this comment


Link to comment

I've looked into this some more for you and my suggestion is to adjust

Quote

Delay Between Entity Death While Despawning Base

By changing this value from 0.002 to 0.02

This will increase the amount of time it takes to despawn base, and will give your server more time to process each invoke

Share this comment


Link to comment

Still having this issue after changing that value.  It is usually just auto-turrets always left over.  I never had this problem before I wiped my configs and installed raidable bases premium plus your Tier 3 addon package.  It is 100% your configs out of the box so I don't get what is going on.  

image.thumb.png.29a2bc75333bc991e6957731a61b4a86.png

Share this comment


Link to comment

Does reloading the plugin remove the entities?

Do any plugins have these 2 words in them?

object OnEntityKill

Use a program like SearchMyFiles to search them easily

image.thumb.png.45a0d65363d5a46494e6e8efda5c2c36.png

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
On 5/20/2021 at 2:13 PM, nivex said:

Does reloading the plugin remove the entities?

Do any plugins have these 2 words in them?

object OnEntityKill

Use a program like SearchMyFiles to search them easily

image.thumb.png.45a0d65363d5a46494e6e8efda5c2c36.png

 

Still have this problem with latest version of raidable bases + the tier 3 package addon.  Zero customization to the config on what was provided still.

Reloading the plugin does not clear out the remnants left behind

Did a search thru all my plugins and nothing came up. I searched for just OnEntityKill and only found what was in the screenshot.

I will test it with my old configs because before I upgraded to the tier 3 package I did not have this problem on my own configs I built (but weren't as good).

remnants.png

entitykill.PNG

Share this comment


Link to comment

changing your config will not solve this, even if it appears to initially

the fact that reloading the plugin does not kill the entities proves that the invokes were sent, and something is intercepting and canceling them. it could be that the server simply ignored the kill message, too. I've seen all of this happen before when servers are under stress/high load. the fact that cpu usage is low doesn't mean anything, either.

however, I refuse to go down this rabbit hole trying to figure out what plugin or what part of Rusts' code is broken. there's nothing wrong with the despawn code, and the effort required to figure this out will likely fall on deaf ears as it often does. the only solution here is to rewrite this to not use invokes. it seems that coroutines are working fine as your bases are continuing to spawn normally as far as i can tell. so therefore I will create a coroutine that will continuously try to destroy entities that are supposed to be despawned until successful.

i think this would be a great opportunity to see how teleporting these entities under the map would affect client and server performance. as I'm sure you've noticed, anything sent below the map more than 500 meters is destroyed by the server

Edited by nivex

Share this comment


Link to comment
On 7/1/2021 at 9:45 AM, nivex said:

changing your config will not solve this, even if it appears to initially

the fact that reloading the plugin does not kill the entities proves that the invokes were sent, and something is intercepting and canceling them. it could be that the server simply ignored the kill message, too. I've seen all of this happen before when servers are under stress/high load. the fact that cpu usage is low doesn't mean anything, either.

however, I refuse to go down this rabbit hole trying to figure out what plugin or what part of Rusts' code is broken. there's nothing wrong with the despawn code, and the effort required to figure this out will likely fall on deaf ears as it often does. the only solution here is to rewrite this to not use invokes. it seems that coroutines are working fine as your bases are continuing to spawn normally as far as i can tell. so therefore I will create a coroutine that will continuously try to destroy entities that are supposed to be despawned until successful.

i think this would be a great opportunity to see how teleporting these entities under the map would affect client and server performance. as I'm sure you've noticed, anything sent below the map more than 500 meters is destroyed by the server

I am having a similar issue on my server, but it only seems to be affecting SAM sites. I had player reports of several floating SAM which have been left over when the raid bases they were attached to despawned. They are still active and shoot down players who pass them. I unloaded/reloaded the plugin and they are not destroyed until server restart.

I have changed the despawn time from 0.002 to 0.005 to see if that helps, 0.02 means bases take a long time to despawn, although reading above it seems it might not help? 

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 hour ago, ZEODE said:

I am having a similar issue on my server, but it only seems to be affecting SAM sites. I had player reports of several floating SAM which have been left over when the raid bases they were attached to despawned. They are still active and shoot down players who pass them. I unloaded/reloaded the plugin and they are not destroyed until server restart.

I have changed the despawn time from 0.002 to 0.005 to see if that helps, 0.02 means bases take a long time to despawn, although reading above it seems it might not help? 

I'm not sure, I think sending them faster would only cause more issues, but worth trying I guess. Are you using linux or windows host machine?

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 hour ago, nivex said:

I'm not sure, I think sending them faster would only cause more issues, but worth trying I guess. Are you using linux or windows host machine?

Sending faster? I changed the ""Delay Between Entity Death While Despawning Base" from the default 0.002 to 0.005, so in fact slowing it down.

I am using a Linux (Ubuntu Server 18.04 LTS 64bit) with an Intel I7 6700K @ 4.0GHz and 64GB 2133MHz DDR4. I only run one other low pop instance from the same box. I have 2 cores pinned for each server instance and allocated 14GB RAM each. The bit that might let me down is this server has HDD instead of SSD which my other has. Would that affect it?

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
2 hours ago, ZEODE said:

Sending faster? I changed the ""Delay Between Entity Death While Despawning Base" from the default 0.002 to 0.005, so in fact slowing it down.

I am using a Linux (Ubuntu Server 18.04 LTS 64bit) with an Intel I7 6700K @ 4.0GHz and 64GB 2133MHz DDR4. I only run one other low pop instance from the same box. I have 2 cores pinned for each server instance and allocated 14GB RAM each. The bit that might let me down is this server has HDD instead of SSD which my other has. Would that affect it?

 

no, I just read it wrong.

no, it is likely an issue specific to Linux. I know if libgdiplus is not installed on the machine then the plugin will experience all kinds of issues, and I suspect something similar here with a missing library file or one that needs updated

Share this comment


Link to comment

I have the same issue with sam sites not decayed on the map.  Both on Centos 7 and Ubuntu 20.04 

 

I have libgdiplus for use with sign artist I believe

Edited by KingSizeKevin

Share this comment


Link to comment
6 hours ago, nivex said:

no, I just read it wrong.

no, it is likely an issue specific to Linux. I know if libgdiplus is not installed on the machine then the plugin will experience all kinds of issues, and I suspect something similar here with a missing library file or one that needs updated

I also have libgdiplus installed, I will verify it’s up to date when I get home from work later.

  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
On 8/12/2021 at 8:26 AM, nivex said:

@KingSizeKevincan you verify its up to date. I mean I just don't know what else to do here. There's nothing wrong with the code, and this issue is only happening on linux machines afaik

I checked and it is up to date. Version 4.2-2

  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment

@KingSizeKevin@ZEODEplease try the new Advanced Despawn Settings to see if this fixes the issue for you. I suggest trying both new options and leaving the delay time alone. Let me know!

Edited by nivex
  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
16 hours ago, nivex said:

@KingSizeKevin@ZEODEplease try the new Advanced Despawn Settings to see if this fixes the issue for you. I suggest trying both new options and leaving the delay time alone. Let me know!

New versions now running with settings you recommend. I will let you know how it goes after they have been running a while. Thanks for looking at this and the awesome work on the plugins.

  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment

@nivex so after some time running the new version now, I have been having more issues than before the update. I am now having reports and finding large portions of bases not de-spawned, not just SAM sites. Below if an example of what I am seeing now, before it was just SAM sites. FYI I have also still seen floating SAM left over after de-spawn as before. I left the settings default as you suggested. What would you suggest trying next to see if I can improve this?

Thanks.

1361243392_despawnissue.thumb.jpg.94c46166636a0f82aa328194db18e16a.jpg

Share this comment


Link to comment

you left the settings default? I don't understand. I added those settings so that you could try them out to see if it helped any

Share this comment


Link to comment
On 8/16/2021 at 12:32 AM, nivex said:

@KingSizeKevin@ZEODEplease try the new Advanced Despawn Settings to see if this fixes the issue for you. I suggest trying both new options and leaving the delay time alone. Let me know!

 

8 hours ago, nivex said:

you left the settings default? I don't understand. I added those settings so that you could try them out to see if it helped any

"I suggest trying both new options and leaving the delay time alone" < This

So yeah, I tried them as you suggested, leaving the delay time alone, but the issue is still there. Part of the bases is now being left behind when de-spawned, not just SAM sites. Before I just had SAM sites not de-spawning on occasion, now parts of the base too so seems worse. What should I change in the settings to see if we can improve this? Thanks.

Share this comment


Link to comment

About Us

Codefling is a forward-thinking platform for developers to share and monetize their work from plugins to game assets and everything in-between.

6,851 files sold to 618 customers and $99,329 of payments processed this year!

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.