Special item

Markiii

Hello!

I'm looking for a plugin that based around an item on the server. For now let's imagine a holy grail of sorts.

The item will spawn on the map in a random location, always carries a map marker, and carries a zone manager/dynamic PvP bubble (for pve servers). When in possession (in location of the owners TC?) The item grants increased +bonus(gather rate,xp etc) customisable. But also makes them known to the server? On a pve server the dome will make them raidable? 

Alot to work out still of course, but an idea I haven't seen yet! "Hot potato!"

Hi 🙂

Sounds similar to a new plugin released - "The Golden Egg".   I haven't actually used it but this is the general idea from the description: egg found in random crates, has a marker and can be placed in a box to generate some resources (at a risk due to marker showing location), can be cracked open at which point a new egg will be spawned somewhere in the world.

• Love 2

Hey Mark, yep The Golden Egg does a lot of that.  I’m currently working on an update to allow PVP for the holder of the egg on servers that use TruePVE 👍

Then after that I’m working on an update to add some things similar to your buff idea. 

Edited by crunch

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2022 at 8:04 AM, Markiii said:

Hello!

I'm looking for a plugin that based around an item on the server. For now let's imagine a holy grail of sorts.

The item will spawn on the map in a random location, always carries a map marker, and carries a zone manager/dynamic PvP bubble (for pve servers). When in possession (in location of the owners TC?) The item grants increased +bonus(gather rate,xp etc) customisable. But also makes them known to the server? On a pve server the dome will make them raidable? 

Alot to work out still of course, but an idea I haven't seen yet! "Hot potato!"

@Markiii

Just a heads up I've just added customisable buffs (gather rate, health, pickups) in version 1.7.0 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Friendly Chap said:

THis will likely be right up that same plugin's ally, but is there a way for the item to generate loot in the player's inventory but only while they are in a specific zone, at a certain times in the Rust day cycle (dawn, noon, dusk)

Technically yep. Might be a bit specific (not sure how many people would actually use that), but it could be done. What are you thinking of using that for?

The general idea being : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riverworld#Grails
Since the setting seems to be rather adaptable to Rust, but the grails would probably be a fork of the plugin, as multiple grails can exist. The idea being even on a PvE server, you could place a zone where this could spawn resources, currency, whatever for players in a PvP zone, and since the holders are tracked, PvP can become more likely as folks strive for the limited number of grails, and yet need to go into danger to use them. or break it and set it free to spawn somewhere again.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2022 at 10:07 AM, The Friendly Chap said:

The general idea being : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riverworld#Grails
Since the setting seems to be rather adaptable to Rust, but the grails would probably be a fork of the plugin, as multiple grails can exist. The idea being even on a PvE server, you could place a zone where this could spawn resources, currency, whatever for players in a PvP zone, and since the holders are tracked, PvP can become more likely as folks strive for the limited number of grails, and yet need to go into danger to use them. or break it and set it free to spawn somewhere again.

Ah a separate plugin, yep I get you. If I get some free time down the track I could take a look 🙂