Trying to insert custom map into server.

Comrad973

Question

My host is ScalaCube. when i go into my setting and click custom map it gives me a box to insert a link for the map. But in red underneath is specifically states. 

It must be a direct link to your map file (not a html page).
For example this is an INCORRECT link - https://www.dropbox.com/s/mymap.map?dl=0

I am relatively new to adding custom maps to servers, so i dont know exactly what they are asking for. Can someone help me out?? 

11 answers to this question

click on the 3 dots next to your map file and click share, on the window that pops up, it should say create share link.

copy the link and paste it in to scala, then change the 0 on the end to a 1 so it says ?dl=1

Dont forget you will need the Rust edit dll in your managed folder to link into custom loot and io

scratch that, share is outside of the 3 dots now

Screenshot 2021-03-31 at 20.40.16.png

Screenshot 2021-03-31 at 20.40.31.png

Screenshot 2021-03-31 at 20.40.38.png

• Like 3

I do have a separate question for my map. I installed the rust edit.dll, and got the link to work for my map to load. But during the reboot I get these errors and there are no NPC's on the map at all. I there something else I'm missing?

[RustEdit] - No loot data found in map file (Filename: ./Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 39)

[RustEdit] - No APC path data found in map file (Filename: ./Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 39

[RustEdit] - No vehicle data found in map file (Filename: ./Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 39)

How do i fix that? because i would like to have the Bradley and loot. there are scrap scientists and animals around the map. but nothing at any of the monuments. Or is that another plugin i need?

i am trying to install a map onto scala cube i did everything said there but once it has completed asset warmup it restarts the process this is the console :

Asset Warmup (10493/10493)
WebSocket RCon Started on 2221 
(Filename: ./Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

Loading custom map from https://www.dropbox.com/s/0jl1d6bq09/BedwarsV9.map?dl=0

World cache version mismatch: 9 != 1329865020 

World File Outdated: BedwarsV9 

i have taken a few random letters out here so it cant be accessed, any help is apreciated

Noob question: How do I "Dont forget you will need the Rust edit dll in your managed folder to link into custom loot and io" ?  How do I add this in the Scalcube managed folder?