Amino

phudgee

Ive purchased 3 of Aminos plugins - all have issues. I tried to work with him, he pointed me to Discord, which i did, then he banned me from his Discord. Id like to know how I can get a refund on the plugins.

I have screenshots of the conversation on here, but im sure you can see them already.

DiscordLink: I purchased on Nov 8 - it didnt work. I tried for 3 days to get it to work, even purchased one of Aminos bot hosting servers thinking maybe my server was the issue. Still didnt work.

On Nov 11 - I posted a support request. I also noticed that he always directed people to his Discord for support, so i also went there and posted a support request.

Nothing... no reply... no ack... nothing - I decided maybe he was a vaporware dev and that was that...

In early January I noticed he was advertising on his Discord looking for folks who wanted custom plugins made. So I made a comment to him about selling new plugins when the ones he's already sold were still broken. I also mentioned about the two months of support requests on CodeFling that have gone unanswered. That day he came to CodeFling and updated everyones request as "Work in Progress" and stated he was re-writing the plugin (so clearly he knows it doesnt work)

Yesterday I saw him on his Discord, again, selling custom work. So I called him out again about DiscordLink still being broken. again he said he was rewriting it. I also mentioned that the other two plugins I purchased that he wrote both have issues as well. Not big enough issues for me to not use them, but issues none the less. He ended up banning me from his Discord (hence why I have no screenshots)

I buy a lot of plugins through CodeFling - I like the site, and I like the people. I've never had an issue with anyone or any plugin that wasn't promptly addressed. Amino writes and sells broken plugins and refuses to support them.  This has really turned into a much bigger thing than was initially anticipated. I simply want either A) the plugin I paid for to work as described, or B) my $14.99 back.

I do use UltimateRCON+ and SimpleTicketBot and do not wish to refund those. Only DiscordLink

I understand your concerns, and this will be my final response to the matter.

To begin, I removed you from my Discord server because of your behavior, not because you were "calling me out." Your approach was almost hostile from the start, lacking a basic, friendly conversation. Your continued rudeness in my support Discord was apparent. Additionally, your comments like "see, silent again" were unhelpful whenever I didn't respond immediately. Furthermore, I didn't mention anything about private projects yesterday. Actually, I haven't mentioned anything about private projects since the 16th of December.

Regarding the support issue, I am quite active on Discord, as evidenced by my 300 messages in various chat channels over the last 18 days. So, I am certainly not inactive.

About the Discord link, while it has minor issues, it is not "completely broken" as you suggested. I acknowledge that it could use some small patches, or I could complete a full rewrite to enhance features, performance, and resolve existing issues.

Concerning the Simple Ticket Bot, you didn't report any problem until recently. The issue seemed to stem from a missed step on your part in enabling message intents, which prevented the bot from reading messages for transcripts. This isn't a bug.

As for Ultimate Rcon+, your issue relates to the discord-to-game chat, specifically the use of actual Discord names instead of nicknames. I understand this might not be ideal, but your reaction seemed disproportionate. I did not blame Discord's updates as an excuse, and I hadn't received any suggestions from you about preferring nicknames.

I'd also like to include that I am still a full-time student, have basically 3 jobs, a family life, a girlfriend, etc*. I cannot be working on one thing at all times. I understand that's not an excuse for Discord Link updates taking as long as they have, but it's a huge factor to why I cannot get stuff out super quickly.

Finally, after removing you from my Discord, you opened support tickets for all my products, left messages in every discussion channel, and started this thread. Opening a direct message with the CF admins would have been a more reasonable approach.

Edited by Amino

2 hours ago, Amino said:

About the Discord link, while it has minor issues, it is not "completely broken" as you suggested.

Roles don't sync. Every open support ticket that you haven't addressed is on this issue. If roles don't sync, the bot is worthless. A.k.a. completely broken

2 hours ago, Amino said:

Concerning the Simple Ticket Bot, you didn't report any problem until recently. The issue seemed to stem from a missed step on your part in enabling message intents

I never mentioned it because its not a big enough problem to bother me to that point. I only mentioned it to point out that i'm having issues with all of your plugins that I have purchased. Nowhere in the documentation is the word intents even found. So not only do you not mention needing to do anything with them, i showed you that all mine are on.

2 hours ago, Amino said:

As for Ultimate Rcon+, your issue relates to the discord-to-game chat, specifically the use of actual Discord names instead of nicknames. I understand this might not be ideal...  and I hadn't received any suggestions from you about preferring nicknames.

Again, it did not bother me enough to bring it up, but did-so only to point out that it was another of your plugins that isn't working properly. And why anyone would rather use a players global name vs server name is beyond me.

2 hours ago, Amino said:

I'd also like to include that I am still a full-time student, have basically 3 jobs, a family life, a girlfriend, etc*. I cannot be working on one thing at all times. I understand that's not an excuse for Discord Link updates taking as long as they have, but it's a huge factor to why I cannot get stuff out super quickly.

Fishing for custom plugin work when you have outstanding issues with current plugins that people have paid you for, is unacceptable in my book. We've paid. You got our money, so screw us I suppose.

Keep my money, Enjoy it, you wont be getting any more.

On 1/18/2024 at 12:19 PM, phudgee said:

Roles don't sync. Every open support ticket that you haven't addressed is on this issue. If roles don't sync, the bot is worthless. A.k.a. completely broken

I never mentioned it because its not a big enough problem to bother me to that point. I only mentioned it to point out that i'm having issues with all of your plugins that I have purchased. Nowhere in the documentation is the word intents even found. So not only do you not mention needing to do anything with them, i showed you that all mine are on.

Again, it did not bother me enough to bring it up, but did-so only to point out that it was another of your plugins that isn't working properly. And why anyone would rather use a players global name vs server name is beyond me.

Fishing for custom plugin work when you have outstanding issues with current plugins that people have paid you for, is unacceptable in my book. We've paid. You got our money, so screw us I suppose.

Keep my money, Enjoy it, you wont be getting any more.

I proudly use two of Amino's exceptional plugins, and I can confidently assure you of two key aspects. Firstly, these plugins seamlessly perform their intended functions. While I encountered a minor hiccup, it was solely due to my oversight of a specific setting—an error on my part. Secondly, when assistance is needed, rest assured that support is available. Although responses may not be instantaneous, it's crucial to recognize that Amino is a single individual with responsibilities beyond plugin development, likely including family commitments such as raising children who are in school He's also in school himself. Regrettably, some individuals harbor unrealistic expectations of immediate responses, resorting to negative feedback and attempts to tarnish reviews.

Considering the vast number of plugin users, it's intriguing that you seem to be the sole individual facing challenges. This suggests a lack of following the provided instructions. 

• Love 1