Paid Request: HotMic.cs (Forces all players to have the mic on all the time)

Covfefe

If you let them allow it or deny it, then it might work (such as forcing them to type allow or deny in chat on join), but to my knowledge I don’t even think this is possible? 

Edited by Rustic

9 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Pretty sure forcing someone's mic to always be on transmitting data on a server breaks a couple laws.
Don't think your reasons would hold up very well.

What about something like GlobalVoiceChat.cs? Where everyone can hear everyone anywhere on the map when they talk without having to be in proximity 

3 hours ago, Covfefe said:

What about something like GlobalVoiceChat.cs? Where everyone can hear everyone anywhere on the map when they talk without having to be in proximity 

That would be a lot easier, wouldn't break anything privacy wise since a player can still choose if or when they have their mic on.

Pretty sure forcing a mic to always be on would need modification on the client which would end up making it pretty much impossible for now.

20 hours ago, Cannabis said:

That would be a lot easier, wouldn't break anything privacy wise since a player can still choose if or when they have their mic on.

Pretty sure forcing a mic to always be on would need modification on the client which would end up making it pretty much impossible for now.

Are you up for making GlobalVoiceChat.cs?

Probably you can add

On 10/23/2023 at 8:26 PM, Rustic said:

If you let them allow it or deny it, then it might work (such as forcing them to type allow or deny in chat on join), but to my knowledge I don’t even think this is possible? 

*del

Edited by IIIaKa
delete

On 10/24/2023 at 12:50 PM, Covfefe said:

Are you up for making GlobalVoiceChat.cs?

Probably not, I don't have the same drive for Rust as I once had many years back. I might do it later down the line, but I have other obligations to my currently published, soon to be published and private plugins that need to be addressed before I can even think about adding more food to the already small plate.

Edited by Cannabis

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a plugin that requests players' consent to the rules and provides two new hooks with the results of their responses. By using this plugin, you can write all you needed in the rules and enable your functions when the "RulesAccepted" hook is triggered.

Edited by IIIaKa

It will not be possible to turn on the microphone for the player, since this is a completely clientside, but you can create a global microphone. If this request is still relevant, then I am ready to write this for you. My discord is .0xf.

Edited by 0xF