How do I set it up?

usukejp

Question

I downloaded your NewDawn_ver11.map, but I don't know how to do it.

1. Is it correct to specify NewDawn_ver11.map by server.levelurl from dropbox or something?

2.Plugin > oxide > plugins >NpcHordeRustEdit.cs
Is this correct in the oxide plugins?

3. Plugin > oxide > data > DefendableBases
 Plugin > oxide > data > NpcHordeRustEdit
Can I upload the whole folder in the data folder of oxide?

BetterNpc folder/Before editing the map, add files to the editor folder
Where should I upload each of these?

I am using a custom map for the first time.
How do I do it?

5 answers to this question

4 hours ago, usukejp said:

1. Is it correct to specify NewDawn_ver11.map by server.levelurl from dropbox or something?

Correct. It needs to be uploaded somewhere and the link can be used in your server setup.

2.Plugin > oxide > plugins >NpcHordeRustEdit.cs

Is this correct in the oxide plugins?

Correct all plugins or files that end in .cs will go in the oxide plugins folder.

3. Plugin > oxide > data > DefendableBases

Plugin > oxide > data > NpcHordeRustEdit
Can I upload the whole folder in the data folder of oxide?

Correct if there is a folder with one or more files in it, you can move the whole folder as specified. If for any reason that's difficult as some hosts won't allow this, you can create a folder but make sure that it is spelled and has the same punctuation (capitalization).

BetterNpc folder/Before editing the map, add files to the editor folder

Where should I upload each of these?

Do you own the BetterNpc plugin? If not then you can ignore those files, they are custom profiles for the plugin but only work if you already own it.

That is the same for DefendableBases which you indicated above. If you do not already own that plugin you can ignore that folder and those files as well.

I downloaded your NewDawn_ver11.map, but I don't know how to do it.

I am using a custom map for the first time.
How do I do it?

In regards to any additional support regarding running the map, it is best to go to your host if you have one, or if you use a tool the instructions for that tool. There are many different methods and steps, They generally are all doing the same thing but some hosts do not allow access to config files and have the setup through their dashboard, or if you are hosting it yourself and are using a tool, it also might have an entirely different set of steps.

11 minutes ago, Jbird said:

Thanks for the reply.

You say that you can ignore BetterNpc and DefendableBases if you do not own the plugin, but will ignoring them affect the NPCs and events in the map you purchased?

11 minutes ago, Jbird said:

Do you own the BetterNpc plugin? If not then you can ignore those files, they are custom profiles for the plugin but only work if you already own it.

That is the same for DefendableBases which you indicated above. If you do not already own that plugin you can ignore that folder and those files as well.

17 hours ago, xxxcampxxx said:

A: You need to buy BetterNpc plugin to use them.

That is the answer to one of multiple questions that were already answered. Were you trying to ask a question or just answering one of them again? Just checking. haha