Installing Convoy

Wile E.

Question

I am very new to building a Rust server. That said, I have been having a hard time getting Convoy installed onto a GTX Gaming Rust server. I have been reading a variety of documents but nothing that has brought me joy so far. Any detailed help would be so much appreciated.

thanks in advance to anyone who offers their time and expertise toward helping me get this sorted.

8 answers to this question

thanks so very much for this. It turned out I  had an issue created by my host where i was inadvertently removed as Admin on my server. Once i got that sorted i was able to access the Carbon panel as well as correctly install Convoy. However, this has all exposed further issues wherein I am unable to load any other plugins. I expect I will get that sorted eventually. Thanks again for your help.

On 4/26/2023 at 8:18 PM, Jbird said:

@Wile E. do you have NpcSpawn installed? This is one of the more common misses when everything else seems in order.

My sincere apologies for missing this and much appreciation for reaching out. I did not have NPCSpawn installed.  Atm I am trying to strip my server back to basics and start fresh. I am unable to install Carbon right now and just posted a question asking for some assistance with that. I may have bitten off more than I can chew. I have never built a server before. Couple that with being a Mac user for about 40 years that seems to be causing me grief when trying to sort things on a PC lol. Hopefully if I can clean up any possible mistakes and somewhat start fresh I will get all of this sorted.

41 minutes ago, Wile E. said:

My sincere apologies for missing this and much appreciation for reaching out. I did not have NPCSpawn installed.  Atm I am trying to strip my server back to basics and start fresh. I am unable to install Carbon right now and just posted a question asking for some assistance with that. I may have bitten off more than I can chew. I have never built a server before. Couple that with being a Mac user for about 40 years that seems to be causing me grief when trying to sort things on a PC lol. Hopefully if I can clean up any possible mistakes and somewhat start fresh I will get all of this sorted.

Nothing to apologize for but you are quite welcome. That is one of the more common misses so I'm glad when we think of it on this end and avoid a bunch of headache looking elsewhere for a fix.

If you're attempting Carbon you may be taking a big bite, but I would say that worst case, if you struggle a lot with that path maybe dial it back to just oxide for awhile. Hopefully you get all sorted though sounds like you're paying attention and know to try to reach out for support so I can say you're on the right path there for sure.

The Mad Mapper Discord is a great place to be if you have any of the teams products, Adem the developer of Convoy is on that team so you can open tickets for anything related to the teams work. So you have that resource as well as you move forward.

No matter what, remember to have fun with it!

8 minutes ago, Jbird said:

.....No matter what, remember to have fun with it!

Good advice and thks much. I just tried to install Carbon again with no joy so think I should perhaps stay with oxide. However, unless I was sorely confused it seems that Carbon would be a much smoother way to go to edit configs. Am I worng about that ?

Mind you...Carbon *may* have installed but I am going about accessing it incorrectly. My understanding was to go into Chat and enter /cpanel to open the Carbon main panel. Is that also worng ?

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Wile E. said:

Mind you...Carbon *may* have installed but I am going about accessing it incorrectly. My understanding was to go into Chat and enter /cpanel to open the Carbon main panel. Is that also worng ?

That's correct, or you can use /cp unless configured otherwise. If the panel is not showing, double-check your auth level and ensure you have auth level 2. If it's still not working, check our carbon config to make sure it's not disabled.