The Door Knocker (Rocket Launcher)

TomHud

Im after a plugin for a battlefield server using the rocket launcher 

If you have perm 1 - then you get granted when firing rocket to launch 2 at same time or it does the same damage as if u had fired 2 rockets.,

All the way up to firing 7 rockets at once - also they need to actually have the rockets in their inventory or it wont fire. (its just to speed up raiding HQM buildings)

Is this possible ???

Yeah, it won't fire two at once, but it does allow the Rocket launcher to be more rapidly fired as between shots you do not need the reload animation, and since the game does not expect a second trigger pull, it fires pretty damn fast, but you may need to fix it to work for Rocket Launchers. Not sure, but I had to recode it to work for Crossbows. 10 Shot cross with no reload animation? Hell yeah. That's a nice combat option. You could check on firing a weapon, if it's a rocket launcher, and fire a second rocket along with the first, but that would cause lag issues. There may be a way to instead check if the wall is hit, and if so to double, triple, etc the damage depending on the permission the player has. 

I don't use Firearm Modifier for Rocket Launchers, since I use another plugin to have "Stealth Rocket Launcher" where pressing middle mouse will activate invisibility VS a specific entity group. Which is great fun. Invisible to Bradley for a minute, anyone? If course it drops the shield if you swap weapons, so you can only really use that Rocket launcher. But the same plugin has double shot weapons.

• Like 2

On 1/18/2023 at 1:36 AM, TomHud said:

Im after a plugin for a battlefield server using the rocket launcher 

If you have perm 1 - then you get granted when firing rocket to launch 2 at same time or it does the same damage as if u had fired 2 rockets.,

All the way up to firing 7 rockets at once - also they need to actually have the rockets in their inventory or it wont fire. (its just to speed up raiding HQM buildings)

Is this possible ???

Been on a little spree of development as of late and I think I'm willing to take up this task for you. I'm aiming for a testable version by mid-day Saturday, hopefully.

If all goes well I'll message you the plugin as well as upload it for free here, I think this will be a nice little plugin to warm up a little bit as I dust off my plugin knowledge.

Cheers.

Edit:

Looks like this will be done quicker than I thought. Shouldn't be more than another hour or two. Just have to finish up a few things and do some internal testing to make sure everything works just fine. Shooting of multiple rockets based on permission is done, I currently have it hard locked at 7 maximum "extra" rockets, but I can expand upon this and make it entirely configurable.

Just making everything work for right now, then when it's all good and done I'll make the plugin configurable, then once I have it in a state that I like I'll send it to ya and upload here.

Edited by Cannabis
Progress update

23 minutes ago, TomHud said:

hi cannabis u can release it as u the one who did the work 

Let me just say thanks once again in here for your time on this

Its much appreciated.

Sweet! I'll release it in a little bit then, just working on another plugin at the moment.