Jump to content

Requires a reload?

Closed 1.0.0 1.3.0

This works great, but I just had a player tell me it wasn't working. Players couldn't stack 5.56 ammo to the limit I set. First I checked with the "plugins" command to be sure it was loaded and it was. I checked the data files and it had the right stack limits. I reloaded the plugin and it works again. I didn't think to test other items, but I'm sure the result would be the same.

So, is there an issue where this plugin has to be reloaded periodically?

Share this comment


Link to comment
3 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

This works great, but I just had a player tell me it wasn't working. Players couldn't stack 5.56 ammo to the limit I set. First I checked with the "plugins" command to be sure it was loaded and it was. I checked the data files and it had the right stack limits. I reloaded the plugin and it works again. I didn't think to test other items, but I'm sure the result would be the same.

So, is there an issue where this plugin has to be reloaded periodically?

Hey! I can only look after 3 days. Does it only appear for one player?

Share this comment


Link to comment
3 hours ago, Mevent said:

Hey! I can only look after 3 days. Does it only appear for one player?

All players had the same problem. They couldn't stack the ammo to the limit I set. I have set up a scheduled command to reload the plugin every 15 minutes, which I'm sure will keep it working.

Share this comment


Link to comment

Even with a 15 minute automatic reload of the plugin, a player just told me it's not working again. I'm sure it started working after the last reloaded but it shouldn't have an issue that soon after loading. 

Share this comment


Link to comment

I'm an idiot. I think I found out the reason this was happening. I still had Stack Size Controller installed on my server! It was probably conflicting. I've removed it and I've asked my players to report if it's still messing up.

  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment

Ok, just had a player tell me the stacks aren't working again, and this is after I removed the Stack Size Controller plugin that I accidentally still had on the server. I removed the auto reload for the plugin but maybe I'll add that again.

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 hour ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Ok, just had a player tell me the stacks aren't working again, and this is after I removed the Stack Size Controller plugin that I accidentally still had on the server. I removed the auto reload for the plugin but maybe I'll add that again.

Can you record a video at what point the stack bugs?

Share this comment


Link to comment
7 hours ago, Mevent said:

Can you record a video at what point the stack bugs?

I don't think that's possible. I just have players that log in and find they are back to vanilla stacks for all items. I issue the "plugins" command in the console and Stacks is loaded. I've had to resort back to using Stack Size Controller until this can be fixed. I bought this plugin because of it's UI and the ease at which I could modify stacks but apparently it's just not working. 

Edited by BetterDeadThanZed

Share this comment


Link to comment
15 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

I don't think that's possible. I just have players that log in and find they are back to vanilla stacks for all items. I issue the "plugins" command in the console and Stacks is loaded. I've had to resort back to using Stack Size Controller until this can be fixed. I bought this plugin because of it's UI and the ease at which I could modify stacks but apparently it's just not working. 

Maybe they know after what actions it happens? Because without knowing the consequences, I cannot correct the error

Share this comment


Link to comment
37 minutes ago, Mevent said:

Maybe they know after what actions it happens? Because without knowing the consequences, I cannot correct the error

There is no action that happens before the stacking stops working. They log in and it's not working or sometimes players will be on the server and it works fine at first, then they go to unstack/restack an item and it's not working. Sometimes reloading the plugin via console fixes it, but not always. I even set an schedule on RustAdmin.com to sent a reload command every 15 minutes but that didn't help the situation. Maybe the plugin needs some debugging added to it so a log is created. I paid for this plugin and would prefer to use it instead of the free plugin I was using, but I can't use it right now.

Share this comment


Link to comment

I updated to the newest version and all was well until after my daily server restart this morning. It stopped working properly again. This time, it seemed that some items I checked had increased stacks compared to vanilla when I opened the UI, but I could not stack to those values. If I edited the stacks in the UI again, it would work.

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 hour ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

I updated to the newest version and all was well until after my daily server restart this morning. It stopped working properly again. This time, it seemed that some items I checked had increased stacks compared to vanilla when I opened the UI, but I could not stack to those values. If I edited the stacks in the UI again, it would work.

Can u send a video?

Share this comment


Link to comment

There's nothing to send you a video of. I really don't know how else to explain it and a video won't help. I reverted back to the old plugin I used, which was free. I will test this on my test server again, but on my live server, it worked until the server did it's daily restart, then I had the results I explained above.

Edited by BetterDeadThanZed

Share this comment


Link to comment

I really want to use this plugin (I did pay for it afterall) so I deleted the data folder and reloaded the plugin, then reworked the stack limits. Everything was fine. After my server's daily restart this morning, all the stack limits were back to vanilla. I checked the data folder and it appears they reverted back to vanilla settings when the server restarted. I opened the /stacks menu and confirmed that everything is back to vanilla levels. I opened the data files and sure enough, everything was back to vanilla. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
On 10/31/2021 at 3:05 PM, BetterDeadThanZed said:

I really want to use this plugin (I did pay for it afterall) so I deleted the data folder and reloaded the plugin, then reworked the stack limits. Everything was fine. After my server's daily restart this morning, all the stack limits were back to vanilla. I checked the data folder and it appears they reverted back to vanilla settings when the server restarted. I opened the /stacks menu and confirmed that everything is back to vanilla levels. I opened the data files and sure enough, everything was back to vanilla. 

This has been fixed in version 1.3.0. If the bug still remains, reopen the ticket or DM me on discord (Mevent#4546)

Share this comment


Link to comment
350.5k

Downloads

Total number of downloads.

1.8k

Customers

Total customers served.

24k

Files Sold

Total number of files sold.

373.8k

Payments Processed

Total payments processed.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.