This month Facepunch’s patch focuses on missions, a new camper vehicle, and quality of life!
Missions are initially geared towards new players to help them get starter items, but they expect this is going to expand to include more advanced missions as time goes on. Who knows maybe they’ll create the dungeon type of mobs you see in popular MMOs for larger groups of players to take on.
The camper module is pretty awesome! How about a road trip? It’s got lockers, a BBQ, some storage and 4 seats that function as spawn points! If you have the resources you can craft this 2 slot vehicle module and chill with your friends!
Last, but not least, the always appreciated quality of life additions.
- Signs when picked up save the images on them
- Auto Turrets auto-authorize you and allow friend authorization
- You can open doors when being wounded
- A new admin user interface
So what should you developers consider? What opportunities exist for plugins?
- Consider modifying mission rewards
- Link new gather missions to custom NPCs
- Using custom objects and prefabs, create new missions
- Allow for modification of Camper storage sizes
- Give special properties to camper spawn points
- Create armored camper vehicles
- Create armored camper vehicles full of scientists
A big change for the role players out there and also a leg up for newly spawned players. Certainly plugin developers have some new toys to tinker with! Can’t wait to see what you all do with it!
What ideas do you have for plugins using these additions?
Stay well and keep flinging code